GCI Interview Questions in Anchorage, AK | Glassdoor

GCI Interview Questions in Anchorage, AK

Updated Feb 2, 2017

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GCI (Anchorage, AK).

Interview

I interviewed with the manager of the department as well as the lead of the small team handling inbound calls for outside sales reps. It was awkward as the only real requirement for the job was being able to answer the phone, enter data, and repeat. I was hiring internally from the Customer Service pool so I was clearly qualified for the job, but I was still asked run of the mill questions that one would normally ask a newcomer to the company.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with data entry?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. Employees in the "lower level" positions are expected to accept the hourly wages previously determined for the various positions. Raises came in fifty cent increments ever 6-12 months pending a review.

Telecommunications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GCI (Anchorage, AK) in April 2016.

Interview

the process :
    -introductions
    -non technical questions (tell me about yourself, what is your interview questions)
    - if you knew what you wanted and knew the tools they used they did ask how proficient are you with those tools.
    NOTE ** it was very friendly and felt like a conversation with the 3 employees.
    usually there are 3 people who ask you questions.

Interview Questions

• 0. what {insert subject (math, computer)} class(s) have you done ?
      1. how are you with excel?
      1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at GCI (Anchorage, AK) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied for a position and was contacted by an internal recruiter a few days later and a call was scheduled with the hiring manager. The hiring manager indicated that he wanted to make a decision within a few weeks. I didn't hear anything for several weeks then got a call to schedule an interview with someone else. A few more weeks went by then another phone interview. Finally, 3 months later I had an in-person interview in Anchorage and ended up speaking to 7 different people over the course of several days. After another month and several emails inquiring about the status I finally received an email back that they had gone with an internal candidate.

Wireless RF Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GCI (Anchorage, AK) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online
    Got Email to meet at a conference room at the Job Corp building
    2 rounds of interview, a general interview and, if they liked you and thought you were qualified for the second round, a second more technical interview such as if you had any knowledge of electricity, dB and dBm differences, and tower climbing experience

Interview Questions

• Was there any situations where your work space was undesirable or difficult to work in?   Answer Question

RF Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GCI (Anchorage, AK) in March 2015.

Interview

I went to the Department Director's office and was asked several questions about my education and goals, had a chance to ask questions of my own, and then was told they'd contact me.

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GCI (Anchorage, AK) in August 2014.

Interview

Lengthy question and answer process, conversational, 2 women interviews me and were very polite and easy to talk to. I could see myself working there and the job was a chance to step away from the auto business, which I'd been working in for a long time.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a time you were given an important project and how you successfully executed said project   1 Answer

Pay was not adequate

Integrated Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wasilla, AK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GCI (Wasilla, AK).

Interview

They listen to your voice on the first call to make a decision if you're a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Where would I see myself in 5 years   1 Answer

Technician III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GCI (Anchorage, AK) in August 2012.

Interview

Very rascist questions and marketing based questions. If you cannot meet sales goals or become "unbillable" you will be terminated. During annual reviews, GCI will focus on any of the smallest mistakes a person made in the last 12 months and make you feel like a squished bug when you walk out of the room. Wanted to commit suicide after my review because of how they do their review process. They made me feel like I am worthless and can never be good enough. Eventually terminated after 10 years of committed service.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in "5 years"?   1 Answer