GE Interview Questions in Aberdeen, Scotland | Glassdoor

4.0

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Machinery Diagnostic Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at GE (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

The first interview was 30 minute telephone call with three interviewers, the second was supposed to be a video conferencing interview but turned out to be a really technical multiple choice exam. A week or so later they told me that I was the preferred candidate. After months of waiting, they first put the position on hold then cancelled it.

Interview Questions

• Interview 1: Go through your CV and tell us about yourself, some technical questions about balancing, use of System 1 and how an orbit plot works.
      Interview 2: Machinery diagnostics questions steadily increasing in difficulty. He said that he would be happy if I completed 40.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at GE (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

First year I had a phone interview which I passed but then was informed the job didn't exist. This year passed a video interview and waiting for a face to face interview (which will probably never happen).

Interview Questions

• STAR questions, typical nonsense big companies like to ask.   1 Answer

Apprentice Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in May 2013.

Interview

I went through a long and arduous interview that consisted of many paper tests, only to wait 10 weeks instead of the promised 4 weeks for a reply to get refused, asking the other candidates it did not matter that I had more Experience or qualifications, it means more if you're dad works there

Interview Questions

• What can you add to this company: keeping in mind this is multi million branched company   1 Answer