GE Interview Questions in Albany, NY | Glassdoor

3.1

50 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton Park, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Clifton Park, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone interview for business leader position with my former company. I used my resume and compared it to the job description. The interview went well with no dead spots in the discussion.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schenectady, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE (Schenectady, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I was a Co-Ops for GE Power and Water for 5 months. After that i was recommended by my manager to join the Leadership Development Program. The interview process was efficient and it took about 1 month to get an answer back from them that i was successfully to join the program.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE (Albany, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

applied online and was contacted via email to set up a phone interview. had 15 min call with interviewer and was told i would hear either way the following week. did not receive word from them until over a month later

Interview Questions

• Heavily emphasized working with MS access, requirement was not listed in their job posting   1 Answer

Payroll & Benefits Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schenectady, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE (Schenectady, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews and 1 onsite interview. The first phone interview was with the recruiter and the second was with the hiring manager.

I had 2 separate meetings during my onsite interview. The first meeting was with the Sr Manager and Manger. It was hard to take the first meeting seriously because the Sr. Manager was laughing a lot for some unknown reason. The second interview was with 2 specialists who were in the role I was interviewing for. The interviews was structured and I was provided with a thorough overview of the position.
    I was informed that a hiring decision would be made after the holidays. I sent two follow up emails to the recruiter after the holidays and did not receive a response. After not receiving a response, I knew that I was not selected for the position. I checked my status a couple of weeks later and saw that it was updated. The day after I checked online I received an auto generated email informing me that I was not selected.

It was completely unprofessional of the recruiter to not respond to my emails. As a recruiter, I understand that it might not be possible to call everyone that is not selected for a position. However, responding to my emails would have taken less than 5 minutes. The lack of response and ultimately respect for my time, tainted my candidate experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you failed or were unable to complete an assigned task and how to responded? (I do not remember the exact phrasing so I paraphrased)   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Albany, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online via their career site. Got contacted 1 week after via email for a phone interview the following week. The interview was ok, basic project manager questions and verifying qualification. I was told I will be contacted by the next week. Never heard back from them.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schenectady, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Schenectady, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Got a call from a recruiting agency based on my Linked In profile and told them I was interested in interviewing. I was called within 2 days and conducted a phone interview with the hiring manager that lasted more than an hour. Answered several questions about managing groups, examples of situations when I had to demonstrate problem-solving skills and disagreements with both superiors and subordinates. After that I was called by the recruiting agency to inform me that they wanted to see me for an in-person interview with several other managers. I agreed and the next week met with 3 managers for 15 minute conversations around my experience and what I could expect on the job. I received an offer 6 hours later and took the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you disagreed with your supervisor and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schenectady, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Schenectady, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview, followed by multiple face to face interviews with multiple people in various departments in the organization, than another round of interviews with new manager and employees in the potential team group.

Interview Questions

• Did I have familiarity with long range business planning.   1 Answer

Regional Quality Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schenectady, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GE (Schenectady, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Relaxed interview with 4 individuals. Good conversations based on my experience and the roles of the positions. The interview did not include a factory tour. All interviewers were friendly and described the workplace environment in a positive manner. The interview process lasted about 45 minutes per interviewer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Schenectady, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

First was a phone interview which took about 30 minutes. Followed by a long in person interview with 7 different people in 30 minute intervals. The questions were only a little repetitive, but otherwise very nicely coordinated. I was also able to speak to a current employee who was not part of the decision process hand who answered questions about employment candidly. Onsite location had a very nice HR facility, I stayed in one room, the interviewers came to me at the scheduled times. I had been given access to their website in advance and there were very comprehensive instructions and information on there. I am already local, but for people who were there are directions, hotel recommendations and instructions for reimbursement.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you were involved in changing a process.   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE (Albany, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Initially, I met the personnel from GE when they came to my campus for an informal chat with students. I had excellent conversation with the mangers who came which helped me built initial introductions and rapport. There were two rounds of further telephonic interviews in my case. The first one leaned on the personality aspect while the second one was more technical in nature

Interview Questions

• Describe a experience where you had to resolve a dispute or an argument?   1 Answer
    • Describe your past work experience and projects   1 Answer