GE Interview Questions in Amersham, England | Glassdoor

GE Interview Questions in Amersham, England

2.8

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amersham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Amersham, England (UK)).

Interview

Chaotic, though this is partly related to the way the agency handled the process. Since becoming an employee I have had to carry out interviews myself, there is no set interview format and the questions depend on the interviewer. Fit is hugely important so I tend to ask questions that would give me a glimpse of their personality and only one technical question.

Interview Questions

• What the reason why you would like to work for GE   1 Answer

Negotiation

GE does not offer the most competitive salaries but this is partly compensated by the benefits package and flexibility. Salary increases have been capped in the past few years so they are far from substantial even if you are a top performer

Communications Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amersham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GE (Amersham, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

My experience was a little strange as I do a joint degree so had originally applied for a placement in my other field of study. I was rejected from this after the video interview stage. But a lot later received an email from recruitment asking if I wanted to resubmit my CV for this role, I of course did. I got a phone call back a week later asking if I wanted to be consider for the Communications placement as this was my other field of study. I said yes. I then got a phone call the next day asking if I could come in for an interview.

I went in a week later to interview for a Communications placement. I had two people interviewing me, they both fairly friendly and the interview lasted for about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself

Why Corporate Communications?

Why GE?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amersham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Amersham, England (UK)).

Interview

- Hand in CV online

- Video Interview consisting of pre-recorded questions which you are to answer within two minutes with a 30 second reflection period.

Face to Face Interview - Panel of 3 Managers at GE.

Interview Questions

• - What movitvates you to work at GE
      - What do you know about GE
      - What difficulties did you have during a project and how did you resolve them
      - How do you motivate others to work harder   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amersham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE (Amersham, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied before christmas, they got back to me in jan. Travelled from portsmouth all the way to amersham for 10:45 interview. Interviewers were very pleasant and lovely. I did not get the job but my cv is circulating around the company to see if i can fit into another job. There was 2 interviews, competency based and knowledge based. First i was invited to do a video based interview which i passed.

Interview Questions

• Tell is about a time you made a mistake and how you went about fixing the problem   Answer Question

IT Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amersham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE (Amersham, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

First stage was an online testing which involved some scenario based questions as well as verbal reasoning, was quite easy to get through. Next came telephone interview. Pretty standard questions. I was then invited to an interview day at GE center IN Amersham. two set of interviews, one competency based whilst the other was more technical. Didn't get an offer, when I asked for feedback, I was blown off.

ITLP Interview

Application

Interview

Stage one: Application Form - very simple and straightforward - passed this stage
    Stage two: Had to complete the online Talent Simulations Test - passed this stage
    Stage three: Telephone interview - passed this stage
    Stage four: Face-to-face interview - didn't get through

Interview Questions

• I don't remember the questions - had some STAR approach questions in the telephone and face-to-face interview   Answer Question