GE Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 15, 2017

2.9

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

direct and to the point. questions about how i approached difficult issues and how those issues were resolved. plus how I handled a variety of customer focused situations. also wanted to know about personality and how it would fit within their working groups.

Interview Questions

• my experience with their consulting requirements   1 Answer

Lead Turbine Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

interview consisted of a phone interview followed by another phone interview then an in person interview then a interview with HR, on the phone. The interviews were not too intensive as experience is/was the driving force behind this position. Given the person has vocabulary they will be able to preform the job.

Interview Questions

• are you willing to be tested by experienced people?   1 Answer

Plant Financial Leadership Program (PFLP) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I interviewed at GE (Atlanta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

Process for PFLP took 4 weeks (I initially interviewed for FMP but it was full). First round was a phone screening. After that I was invited to an in-person interview at GE Energy Headquarters in Atlanta and interviewed with two managers there. A couple weeks later I had an additional interview with HR. Received an offer two days after my last round.

Interview Questions

• Completely behavioral and fit-based. The leadership programs at GE take pride in the fact that they teach you everything on the job.

Q: If I went to talk to your managers from your previous internships, what would they tell me about you?
      Q: Describe a situation in which you made an unpopular decision
      Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

It was three weeks after campus career fair. After online application, the manager contacted me and scheduled interview. The interview lasts an hour and is a behavioral interview. She bombarded candidates with seven to ten questions. I would strong suggest preparation is needed. At the end, she will ask if you have any question.

Interview Questions

• What did you do in the past that made you most embarrassed?   Answer Question
    • In your past experience, what made you most proud of?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Interview

Overall it was a good interview experience. First it was a phone interview going through the resume with some typical behavioral questions. The second interview was at GE, first hour with the position manager and the second hour with an engineer panel. Overall the questions were bahavioral with some technical questions related to the position.

Financial Management Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview was the first step in the process. After the results were reviewed I was contacted for a face to face one on one interview. I met with the interviewer on site. The interview went well and I enjoyed my time with the intervewer.

Interview Questions

• Situational questioning
      Success questioning
      Financial experience questions
      Answer Question

At the time I applied my family situation was such that I could relocate easily however a family illness that was serious and not anticipated and thus caused me to take a differnt position closer to where I currently reside.

Senior FP&A Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Phone interview. Face-to-face interview with 2 peer managers, HR, and the hiring manager. Travel was reimbursed by the company. Hotel was close to the office and nice. Took a long time to receive the verbal offer and another GE business contacted me for an interview before the first completed the process.

Negotiation

Offer letter with no negotiation.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GE (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

STAR question

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

GE FMP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE (Atlanta, GA) in November 2013.

Interview

1 on-campus interview with a CFO of a P&L. 2 on-site interviews in Atlanta, GA with a senior finance manager and with a CAS associate (accelerated program after FMP). Very behavior and not technical. They try to see if you a good fit for the company moreso than anything. Offer was given the same day.

Interview Questions

• Why FMP? Why not X job? (my resume suggested a more IT focused job) Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Tell me about the company, management, businesses within the conglomerate.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Submitted resume through employee referral. First had a phone interview then was invited on site for a full day of interviews which included an interview with manager and HR, two employees in working group, plant manager, and two other managers. Was offered about a month later.

Interview Questions

• Some questions about manufacturing were too specific to be answered by someone of my experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation