GE Aviation Edison Engineering Development Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GE Aviation Edison Engineering Development Program Interview Questions

Updated Nov 21, 2017

3.2

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Grand Rapids, MI) in November 2017.

Interview

Being in the area, I was brought in for an initial interview rather than having a phone interview. The overall process was relatively quick for such a selective program. The interview process consists of an initial interview whether that be on the phone or in person, and then an intensive second interview that has both individual and group aspects. In the second interview you have to give a presentation about yourself. That is followed by several rounds of back to back 30 minute interviews that focus primarily on behavioral questions. Finally you end with a group exercise that is unlike most interviews I have experienced. Though intimidating I found all of the interviewers to be very kind, and the overall experience was very positive whether you were to make it or not. They flew in people from all over the country for interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make a decision quickly, and how you handled that?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GE Aviation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process take one month after applied online, and during the interview you have to prepare presentation about you, and another four interviews are waiting after that. They are having a lot people to interview for this position, and most the candidates are interning with them. The whole interview process is almost 6 -7 hours. It was good experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself ? How do you work in the team ?   1 Answer

I just have better offer from other company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

Hiring process was exhausting. 60 minute phone interview. Then flown to Cincinnati Ohio where I spent a day with my competitors for the position. Despite having significantly more experience than other applicants I did not receive an offer. Although the company stresses "diversity" all of my interviewers were white, and I found out later that from my entire interview group only white candidates were hired. Disgusted and will not be pursuing a career with GE again.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

A 5-minute presentation about myself and a technical project I've worked on and 5 half-hour one-on-one interviews. Almost entirely behavioral questions, very little technical discussion. I interviewed with 4 engineers and only one HR rep. 5-10 minutes of each interview was spent discussing what they did and how they liked the job - I learned a lot about GE Aviation from this.

Edison Engineering Development Program Interview

Interview

Met at a college student organization national conference, was interviewed on spot with mostly behavioral questions like what is your greatest accomplishment and asked me to tell a time that I had to go with someone else's idea and how I handled the situation. Made it to next round and was invited to on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to pick a part out of the box and describe the boundary conditions of it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2012.

Interview

First I had an on-campus interview, that was purely behavioral, then on site in Cincinnati, the questions were not technical. About 6 interviews back to back, mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• They required each candidate to give a presentation at the beginning.   1 Answer

salary was lower than expected, cincinnati is not an attractive city, asked for more time to decide but they declined.

Anonymous Employee in Lynn, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Lynn, MA) in December 2011.

Interview

Round robin of interviews. There were 5 different reviewers. 1 interview was a technical interview. Most questions are behavioral based questions. There was also a group activity and a personal presentation.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had trouble with a co-worker   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Lynn, MA) in October 2010.

Interview

Typical Interview.
    Questions:
    What is your greatest accomplishment?
    What was an obstacle you overcame to achieve your goal?
    Describe a situation when you've dealt with a difficult person.
    When were you unhappy with your performance?
    How did you handle a situation when you had too many things to do and not enough time?

Interview Questions

• When were you disappointed with your performance on a task?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2010.

Interview

I had a phone screen with the Manager of the section hiring Software EEDPs for GE Aviation where we mostly talked about Cincinnati but also my co-op experiences in school. Because my resume had been mixed up, I had little notice before I found out I was to attend an on-site interview in Grand Rapids, MI where I gave a very strict 5 minute presentation and rotated between 5 interviewers. All interview questions were behavioral. I believe 4 others were interviewing at the same time, with another batch that afternoon and then two batches the next day. After the interviews, our interview group had a set amount of time to build a lego model with the challenge that only one person could leave the room to see the completed model at a time. We then had a box long and presentation.

I heard back a within two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Creating a 5-minute presentation about yourself. Strict time limit.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-negotiable for EEDP.

Edison Engineering Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2013.

Interview

1 Phone Technical interview. 1 on-site technical interview (bangalore) followed by HR round.

Typical technical questions from your resume. What is RSM?(turbulence) What is the important thing to remember in so and so experiment? Explain your project ?. They will try to make sure that you dont intend to go for higher studies. So, they will ask you if you were recruiter, will you hire experienced bachelors person or the one with graduate degree?. In HR round, what salary are you expecting? Will you leave the company if someone offers you a better package ?

Interview Questions

• Graduate degree or industrial experience? which one makes a better candidate?   Answer Question