GE Aviation Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GE Aviation Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Dec 29, 2016

2.9

Engineering Interview

Interview

Met a recruiter at an internship/job fair for engineers put on by my university. I got an interview the next morning. The interview was with a different recruiter than the first. The one who conducted my interview was an engineer who worked full time for GE aviation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you felt underprepared for the task you were undertaking and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GE Aviation

Anonymous Employee in Evendale, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Evendale, OH).

Interview

I had a interview with an HR person first, then the HR person dropped me off with two Senior Engineers, then they left me with another Senior engineer. A couple weeks later, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager, and was offered a job maybe within 2 weeks after that.

Interview Questions

• The one Senior Engineer asked me what I thought about spending time writing documentation.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Baltimore, MD) in November 2015.

Interview

It was a great experience for an interview. It lasted about 30 min, and the recruiter was really nice. I received the interview from the recruiter through an Engineering Conference in Baltimore Maryland.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked with a group of people to complete a project. Describe you role and what specific actions you took to ensure the project’s success. What team problems arouse, how were they resolved?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Dayton, OH).

Interview

I had to go through a couple phone screens first. One with an HR person and then one with the hiring manager. Next they invited me onsite for an interview. I spoke to several managers and employees and they showed me around the facility. After speaking with the hiring manager and several other employees I met with the HR person and she asked me several more non technical interview questions.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GE Aviation.

Interview

Contacted recruiter directly about the position on LinkedIn. Three phone interviews consisting of "tell me about yourself" and standard behavioral questions, followed by a day-long phone interview with different managers. The in-person interview was very conversational and involved open-ended questions about my background, where I wanted to go in my career, and what I thought my strengths/weaknesses were. Recommendations: Be yourself. Do some research about GE and be able to express why you want to work there.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Columbus, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

They asked basic resume questions, as well as a few puzzlers. They were very focused on my resume, and had tailored questions to each thing that I listed. I'd come prepared to answer questions about anything you put on your resume.

Interview Questions

• What was an event that you organized? (based on my resume)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Rochester, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed at my school's career fair. So I went up and met with the recruiter and talked with him for about five to seven minutes about the normal things spoken about at the career fair. Then I was asked to slot a time for an interview the next day. The next day I showed up and had a great interview with the head of the co-op department and was offered the job two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time where you were in a group and someone did not pull their weight. What did you do to help the person and the group get the job done?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Clearwater, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

The hiring process is lengthy. From the the time I applied for the position, it took 3 weeks to get a phone call. From the time I had the phone interview it took 6 weeks to get the on site interview. The processing of setting up the interview is quite confusing as you end up getting emails from 2 or 3 different people. The person coordinating the interview (Monica) needs to work on her professionalism and diplomacy. The interview was easy, people were friendly, but then last step of the hiring process was horrible! Not much feedback and they do not make you feel excited about joining their team. In fact, they almost make you feel as they would be hiring you because they were asked to hire more engineers but don't really want you there! They need to appreciate it when they find good talent and respect the time of the applicant. The first impression was great but then it went down hill. The manager should have done a better job making the applicant comfortable and wanted by his organization.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you suggested a solution and it didn't work   1 Answer

The manager should have done a better job making the applicant comfortable and wanted by his organization. It really came down to the manager's attitude. It seems like a decent place to work for but the deal breaker was the last step of the hiring process. Perhaps managers can receive training on how to find good talent, welcome it to the team and retain it. After all attracting and retaining good talent would make a difference in the future of GE Aviation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Kent, WA) in December 2010.

Interview

Called to schedule an interview and a few days later, I was at the GE Aviation office interviewing face to face.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Grand Rapids, MI) in October 2010.

Interview

first was 2 HR phone interview, talked about details from my Resume, about 45 minutes
    After 2 weeks One manager gave me another technical phone interview about 35 minutes