GE Aviation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 11, 2018

2.9

Law Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied through my school's website. An interview was set up with an Attorney at GE Aviation. After the initial expected interview questions, the interview become a little awkward. The interviewer would state facts about GE and then look up, I'm guessing to see what opinion I had? Other times it was just a statement about how things work on the job, again would just look up and stare. Each of the times I responded with a something along the lines of, I would fit in well there or that sounds great etc. The way the interviewer pushed a response, without a question, was rather awkward. Maybe that was the interviewer's style? Never experienced it before, and hope not to again.

Lead Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2011.

Interview

Received interview invite be email. Had eight interviews the same day. They did a great job making me fell comfortable with the process. Most interviewers were interested in "can I work with this guy". Several were more technical based. No games, tricks, ect... Be prepared! Review the typical "tell me about" questions on sites like Monster.com. Complete your paper work prior to showing up, one guy didn't. This was one of the easier interviews I have had. Started about three weeks later. So far, I love it. Good luck everyone.

Interview Questions

• Dealing with a difficult customer   1 Answer

Negotiation

I requested better offer, 2nd offer was less than I requested but I felt it was fair and accepted it.

Lead Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Lynn, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

HR gave the wrong time, showed up 20 mins late
    Met with Quality, Test manager and one peer
    Given a tour of the facilities - brought my own PPE, which impressed the hiring manager
    Interviewers were most impressed with credentials

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated with HR only. Tried to low-ball salary offer initially

Lead Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peebles, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Peebles, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

Very intensive panel interview with in depth technical questions. The interviewers were very educated and knew exactly what they were looking for. Do not even apply if you do not have the experience and qualifications that they're asking for.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with aviation instrumentation?
      How much project management experience do you have?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Grand Rapids, MI) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone interview a week later. The phone interview was with two managers and an engineer. Mostly behavior questions with a few very basic technical questions. Two weeks later I went for an on site interview which consisted of 6 interviews and a tour of the site. Received an offer 10 business days later. Both interviews had a lot of leadership and situational questions. There was on technical interview during the on site which mostly went back over the phone interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a C++ vector and linked list and why would you use one over the other.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, negotiations. I was told GE does their homework when extending an offer and there isn't much room to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Clearwater, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Process took 4 weeks
    1. Phone screen
    2.Phone interview
    3.Onsite interview

The process was very relaxing, mainly asked behavorial questions nothing techincal really. Just know your resume! Everyone i interviewed with was extremely nice and had a sense of humor which made the interview run smooth! Great people i can't wait to be apart of the team.

Interview Questions

• Mainly behavorial they want to know if you can be a team player!   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Dayton, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

After first introducing myself and sharing my resume at a career fair I received an invitation to an invite only information session hosted on my campus. Here I spoke with new and senior GE employees about what they do, where, and how they felt about the company. Then I received a call to schedule an interview in which I spoke one on one with a representative from GE.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where a project did not go as planned. What steps did you take to fix the situation?   Answer Question
    • What type of activities and organizations are you involved with outside of class?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in GE?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GE Aviation in September 2016.

Interview

It was purely behavioral and on campus at a career fair. The process was not more than 2 weeks. I was given an interview based on GPA only. Then during the interview, we talked about my resume and was asked some behavioral type questions. The interview itself was fairly short. Others I talked to had a similar experience in the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Grand Rapids, MI) in May 2013.

Interview

Phone Interview to start. The in-person was all day with 6 or so different function managers, each about 45 minutes. Be prepared to start the day with a presentation to introduce yourself to all of the interviewers.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GE Aviation in October 2015.

Interview

Emailed me after career fair to set up an interview. Thirty minute behavioral interview with one of the recruiters. The interview was more conversation than an interview. After the interview, she contacted me with an offer about 3 days later.