GE Aviation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GE Aviation Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.9

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GE Aviation.

Interview

30 min interview at conference. Fairly straightforward behavioral interview. Definitely looking for candidates that can work in a team based environment and have the potential to become leadership. Most questions based on experiences with co-workers etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a decision without all the information.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Lots of Situational & Behavior question , solo projects and group projects. Very nice assessors and help you fell comfortable. Dint get the job but it was my first big interview at a big company

Customer Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

Was hard getting past the robo answering devices, eventually needed a friend internally to help me break through. Interviewed with two future peers, HR, future boss, peer of future boss, then one team interview

Interview Questions

• The only question I wasn't really anticipating was about GE culture / company core beliefs.   1 Answer

Lead Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Clearwater, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Overall, a simple and quick process. I applied online then had a current employee reach out to the hiring manager. Resume was pulled, received a phone a call to schedule an interview a couple days later. I met with the two hiring managers, separately, for an interview that lasted about 2 hours. Received a follow up call a couple days after that to schedule a phone interview with someone I'd be training with and then offered the position two days later.

Interview Questions

• The one question I wasn't prepared for was to describe the qualities that would turn you away from your manager. Otherwise, a lot of situational questions to assess my team building and leadership qualities.   1 Answer

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GE Aviation.

Interview

Got a call asking to schedule a phone interview. Scheduled one for a few days after. The interview itself was only 30 minutes, 20 of which were the interviewer asking behavioral questions, 10 of which were for me to ask the interviewer questions about the position as well as GE.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had a large project. What was your role specifically and how did you plan and execute the project.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you set a goal and failed to accomplish it.   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest achievement?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Aviation.

Interview

Started with a brief phone interview with the team I would be working with, the usual getting to know you thing. Then GE flew me out to Ohio for a site interview. Spent a few hours with the team, seeing their facilities and offices and such. Then a short interview with the HR manager asking the usual interview questions. All in all the process went pretty quick and smooth.

Law Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied through my school's website. An interview was set up with an Attorney at GE Aviation. After the initial expected interview questions, the interview become a little awkward. The interviewer would state facts about GE and then look up, I'm guessing to see what opinion I had? Other times it was just a statement about how things work on the job, again would just look up and stare. Each of the times I responded with a something along the lines of, I would fit in well there or that sounds great etc. The way the interviewer pushed a response, without a question, was rather awkward. Maybe that was the interviewer's style? Never experienced it before, and hope not to again.

Summer Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

Found out about the interview from my school's co-op office on Friday and interviewed on Monday. They came to my school for the interview. The interview itself lasted 25 minutes and I received an email the next day saying I was accepted into the program. Overall it took five days.

Engineering Interview

Interview

Met a recruiter at an internship/job fair for engineers put on by my university. I got an interview the next morning. The interview was with a different recruiter than the first. The one who conducted my interview was an engineer who worked full time for GE aviation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you felt underprepared for the task you were undertaking and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

EHS Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE Aviation (New York, NY).

Interview

Very organized and precise. Standard details of planned interview laid out. Execution was somewhat confusing for non-GE people and a map of the facility or better turn by turn directions would have been good. What should have been a 20 minute drive turned into a 45 minute drive and looking for parking. Interviewers were professional and organized and fairly well prepared.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had to work with someone that was difficult and how did you handle it?   1 Answer