GE Aviation Engineering Co-Op Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.7

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GE Aviation.

Interview

30 min interview at conference. Fairly straightforward behavioral interview. Definitely looking for candidates that can work in a team based environment and have the potential to become leadership. Most questions based on experiences with co-workers etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a decision without all the information.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GE Aviation

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GE Aviation.

Interview

Got a call asking to schedule a phone interview. Scheduled one for a few days after. The interview itself was only 30 minutes, 20 of which were the interviewer asking behavioral questions, 10 of which were for me to ask the interviewer questions about the position as well as GE.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had a large project. What was your role specifically and how did you plan and execute the project.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you set a goal and failed to accomplish it.   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest achievement?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

As others have said, GE Aviation uses predominantly a behavioral interview. The questions focus on challenges you have experienced and how to overcome them. I made the mistake of saying something about how I overdo most things, and then couldn't back it up. This was my first interview and my prep was weak.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had to work with a difficult team member?   Answer Question

Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Very pain free. Simple behavioral questions with a very nice interviewer. They already had my resume so none of the questions pertained to my skills and experiences directly. The interviewers emphasized having specific, detailed examples of how you responded to certain situations, so definitely have an idea of past experiences that you can reference.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that you've never been in before. How did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

One interview, a lot of questions, be ready for anything. It was a fairly easy conservation, the interviewer was friendly and it felt pretty comfortable. They will want detailed descriptions of your previous work experiences and school projects. They will want you to talk about how well you work in teams, and leadership. They will ask you about difficult situations you have been in and how you went about handling the situations.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE Aviation.

Interview

GE came to my university looking for Spring semester co-ops. I applied and received a call to schedule a phone interview. The HR manager interviewed me a couple weeks later. We Talked through my resume and she asked behavioral questions. Heard that I received an offer a month or two later.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions: Give a specific time when you were confronted with a problem   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Interview

Your standard behavioral based interview. Little reaction from the interviewer. She read from a list of questions and took notes from my answers. She was in HR and NOT an engineer. Not looking for technical information. High emphasis on ability to communicate.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you were late with a project and what you will do down the road to fix it.   Answer Question

Engineering Co Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GE Aviation in October 2014.

Interview

Campus recruiting. They scheduled the interview the next day. They were very friendly and approachable. I did not expect to get an interview from them but it was a give away sort of deal.
    The process was easy. you set up a time where you are available the next day and you come in for a one on one interview.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE Aviation in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was done through my college. My resume was sent to GE and I received an email requesting an interview after one week. The interview lasted 30 minutes consisting mostly behavioral and leadership experience questions. I was interview by one person. The whole process was very quick and simple.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non negotiable

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Lexington, KY) in February 2014.

Interview

My interviewer was really cool so I felt comfortable and relaxed. They used the STAR type format for the interview so most of the questions were talking about certain scenarios you've encountered in school and/or work. After the interview they sent a job offer a few weeks later which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an issue with a teammate/partner/coworker and how you overcame the issue.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to over come differing opinions between parterns in a project.   Answer Question