GE Aviation Engineering Co Op Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2017

2.6

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GE Aviation.

Interview

30 min interview at conference. Fairly straightforward behavioral interview. Definitely looking for candidates that can work in a team based environment and have the potential to become leadership. Most questions based on experiences with co-workers etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a decision without all the information.   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GE Aviation.

Interview

Got a call asking to schedule a phone interview. Scheduled one for a few days after. The interview itself was only 30 minutes, 20 of which were the interviewer asking behavioral questions, 10 of which were for me to ask the interviewer questions about the position as well as GE.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had a large project. What was your role specifically and how did you plan and execute the project.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you set a goal and failed to accomplish it.   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest achievement?   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op - Computer Science Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Columbus, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

The whole interview, my interviewer was really interested in what I had to say and what my experience was. He was more than willing to explain what he does and how I fit into GE. He also made me feel much more at ease before the interview even started.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Almost all of the questions were behavioral questions, assessing risk and leadership. My specific recruiter was very adamant about having interns/co-ops who were passionate about the aerospace, aviation business especially because he was a mechanical design engineer.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you took a risk?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Aviation in September 2016.

Interview

A lot of the same questions so dont blow your best answers on thw first one. Youahould be on a auto team or be ready to explain why youre not. Good luck

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at GE Aviation.

Interview

Went to on-campus career fair and spoke with a recruiter for the EID program. Got an interview a couple days later, and received offer 3 weeks after that. Interview seemed mostly informational - questions were not very typical of a job interview. Mainly questions intended to gauge how interested you were in the company and the field, and not much interest in my past experiences.

Infra Engineering Co-Op/ Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

The interview and hiring process was pretty normal. The questions presented were basic interview questions regarding character and reactions to situations. I was selected for an interview after my résumé was sent to GE Aviation by my school program's co-op coordinator. The interview itself was a panel interview consisting of four interviewers; one HR representative and three others representing their respective departments.

Interview Questions

• Can you recall a time when you experienced an issue with a co-worker and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview was during an engineering conference the day after initially talking to recruiters. Was about 30 minutes Long and consisted of all behavioral questions. Interviewer was laid back and eager to have a casual conversation. Indicated that I would receive an offer at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever tried to learn more about an engineering technology that wasn't for a class?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

As others have said, GE Aviation uses predominantly a behavioral interview. The questions focus on challenges you have experienced and how to overcome them. I made the mistake of saying something about how I overdo most things, and then couldn't back it up. This was my first interview and my prep was weak.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had to work with a difficult team member?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE Aviation.

Interview

Applied through my university. Heard back about a week later. Had an interview on campus with an engineer from GE Aviation. Interview consisted of basic behavioral questions. Did not get an offer, but at least I heard back within a few days.