GE Aviation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017

2.9

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Austin, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview took almost 6 hours, and I have interviewed with almost 8 people.
    It was a long day but at end, I felt I've done it greatly. and I expected to get a offer within a next week.

but there is no offer! I understand in competitive job market like this, Does not matter how great you are or how great you interviewed. you need a luck as well.

The only thing which bothered me the most, I've sent four follow up emails and asked them about my hiring decision, I told even if I did not get the position at least inform me and don't just dump my case into trash can.

But still no email, no response

Interview Questions

• Hibernate, SQL, Spring ....   1 Answer

GE Aviation OMLP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone Screening.
    2 weeks passed and then was scheduled a final interview.
    5 hour interview on site in Cincinnati - presentation, 3 one on one interviews, case study with group of 3 other interviewees.

Lots of very specific behavior questions.... case study with group isnt that important it seems like - ours was AWFUL and I was still offered a job.

Most important thing is to show some enthusiasm about the job and the desire to learn.

Interview Questions

• Why Aviation?
      What in the world could impact the business of GE?
      Tell me about a time you took a risk.
      Tell me about a time you empowered someone else.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

I was happy with the pay so I did not negotiatie

Production Assembly Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

Walked in to HR offices and took a seat in the waiting room. Waited until I was called to take a written Math assessment. Finished the assessment, and went back to the waiting room for next step. Next step taken was a practical regarding the use of tooling (micrometers and whatnot.) Passed that portion, and moved to the assembly practical portion. Assembly consisted of placing tubing in manual instructed locations, and inspecting parts for damage/ part numbering. Passed that as well, and proceeded into the interpersonal interview. The HR team gave situational questions that positioned toward actions.

Interview Questions

• If a union brother slows down, do you do the same?   1 Answer
    • If you're facing a disagreement between a fellow coworker, how do you address the situation?   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op - Computer Science Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Columbus, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

The whole interview, my interviewer was really interested in what I had to say and what my experience was. He was more than willing to explain what he does and how I fit into GE. He also made me feel much more at ease before the interview even started.

Electronic Package Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Menlo Park, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I got a call from HR and set up 1/2 hour phone interview. About an hour later after that, HR set me for another interview with a hiring manager for the next day.

Interview Questions

• She asked about the experience related to job descriptions. She were probing me on how my experience relevance to what they are looking for. It was very simple and none technical conversation. The next day were phone interview with the direct hiring manage who asked very technical questions. This is something that you know or you don't. Questions about heat transfer in a confine space. The manage was very kind and very direct. Later on, I felt like he was my mentor.   1 Answer

EID/Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Durham, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview took place on-campus at my university. It was behavioral in nature, and relied primarily on answering questions based on prior experiences. The setting was very relaxed in general, and the interviewer was kind and enthusiastic. Each candidate was allotted a time slot of around 45 minutes. Make sure you can talk about the things you've worked on in the past, and what you learned from each experience.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you took a risk that did not work in your favor   Answer Question
    • What have you been passionate about over the last few months/year?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time you helped someone else achieve their goal   Answer Question

DTLP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

Submitted my resume at career fair on campus. Called in for an on campus interview. 3 Alumni at the interview. There was only 1 round of interview. About one week later, I got the offer from GE Aviation.

Interview Questions

• What's your past experience with Cloud infrastructure?   1 Answer

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evendale, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Evendale, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview with two "managers" which was 30 minutes. Then an in person interview which was about 40 minutes. Then a small tour of the building I would be in.

EID/Co-op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE Aviation.

Interview

GE came to campus for a career fair and recruiting event in the fall semester. I had one on-campus interview, which consisted of simply questions regarding the projects and jobs I had listed on my resume. Took 2-3 weeks to hear back about my offer.

Summer Interview

Interview

I was emailed by the recruiter saying that he was specifically looking for 2 freshman aerospace students and that he would be giving out interviews based on his interactions at the career fair. After approaching him at the career fair I was given an interview slot the following day.

Interview Questions

• What was the most surprising feedback you've ever received?   Answer Question
    • Who is a person you admire and why?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you were working in a team and things didn't go as planned. How did you fix them?   Answer Question