GE Aviation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GE Aviation Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2017

2.9

EID/Co-op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE Aviation.

Interview

GE came to campus for a career fair and recruiting event in the fall semester. I had one on-campus interview, which consisted of simply questions regarding the projects and jobs I had listed on my resume. Took 2-3 weeks to hear back about my offer.

Summer Interview

Interview

I was emailed by the recruiter saying that he was specifically looking for 2 freshman aerospace students and that he would be giving out interviews based on his interactions at the career fair. After approaching him at the career fair I was given an interview slot the following day.

Interview Questions

• What was the most surprising feedback you've ever received?   Answer Question
    • Who is a person you admire and why?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you were working in a team and things didn't go as planned. How did you fix them?   Answer Question

GE Aviation Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

Went to the networking session prior to the career fair and then went to the career fair. They held their interview session the next week after the career fair.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to do a group project and a member of the group was not participating.   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Aviation in September 2016.

Interview

A lot of the same questions so dont blow your best answers on thw first one. Youahould be on a auto team or be ready to explain why youre not. Good luck

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GE Aviation in September 2016.

Interview

It was purely behavioral and on campus at a career fair. The process was not more than 2 weeks. I was given an interview based on GPA only. Then during the interview, we talked about my resume and was asked some behavioral type questions. The interview itself was fairly short. Others I talked to had a similar experience in the interview.

UndergraduateAerospace Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE Aviation (West Lafayette, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

The atmosphere was very relaxed and conversational. I met with the interviewer in a small room at my university, and he almost guided me through the process. He began by saying that if you have an interview, they know you can do the job - they're just looking to see if you're a good fit. With each question, he would explain why the question was being asked and what they were hoping to learn about me. At the end of the interview, we spent a while just having a conversation about additive manufacturing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had an idea or a project that you really, really wanted to work and it just didn't.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you saw someone struggling and stepped in to help out.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about why you chose aerospace engineering.   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

MQE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Lynn, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

Pretty easy process. Applied online and got a phone screen pretty short after. I passed the phone screen and was asked to come in for an in person interview. Interview was about 5-6 behavioral questions (give me a time when...) and more information on the position. I interviewed in front of an HR manager as well as a business leader. Thought the interview went well...didn't hear much for a while and later found out I was not accepted

GE Aviation Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GE Aviation.

Interview

The interview was very friendly and low stress. No technical questions were asked. The HR representatives were more interested in who I was as a person. One person asked questions while the other took notes. All of the questions were behavioral based and easy to answer. Over all it was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at GE Aviation.

Interview

Went to on-campus career fair and spoke with a recruiter for the EID program. Got an interview a couple days later, and received offer 3 weeks after that. Interview seemed mostly informational - questions were not very typical of a job interview. Mainly questions intended to gauge how interested you were in the company and the field, and not much interest in my past experiences.

Infra Engineering Co-Op/ Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

The interview and hiring process was pretty normal. The questions presented were basic interview questions regarding character and reactions to situations. I was selected for an interview after my résumé was sent to GE Aviation by my school program's co-op coordinator. The interview itself was a panel interview consisting of four interviewers; one HR representative and three others representing their respective departments.

Interview Questions

• Can you recall a time when you experienced an issue with a co-worker and how did you respond?   Answer Question