GE Aviation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 26, 2017

2.9

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Austin, TX).

Interview

Simple questions on Java programming language, Databases, root cause analysis etc.
    Asked aviation specific questions, took a SWAG and sounds like i may have nailed it. The interviewers did not seem to have in depth software expertise.

Interview Questions

• How do you parse and clean time series data vs. others?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GE Aviation (East Lansing, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online using my college's career services website. Received a call the following Monday to set up an interview Friday. Met with employees during the week leading up to the interview at a club meeting and the supply chain career fair. Created a good rapport with the hiring manager before the interview. Interview was very structured. Strict time limit. Interviewed with 3 current supply chain employees who all graduated from my school. Normal behavioral interview, very little technical questions. Received an offer the next Tuesday.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

As others have said, GE Aviation uses predominantly a behavioral interview. The questions focus on challenges you have experienced and how to overcome them. I made the mistake of saying something about how I overdo most things, and then couldn't back it up. This was my first interview and my prep was weak.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had to work with a difficult team member?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE Aviation.

Interview

Applied through my university. Heard back about a week later. Had an interview on campus with an engineer from GE Aviation. Interview consisted of basic behavioral questions. Did not get an offer, but at least I heard back within a few days.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Baltimore, MD) in November 2015.

Interview

It was a great experience for an interview. It lasted about 30 min, and the recruiter was really nice. I received the interview from the recruiter through an Engineering Conference in Baltimore Maryland.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked with a group of people to complete a project. Describe you role and what specific actions you took to ensure the project’s success. What team problems arouse, how were they resolved?   Answer Question

Former/Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Durham, NC).

Interview

A phone interview of was conducted first, then an in person interview with HR with standard questions and then the program lead. The interview with HR was very formal and the interview with the program lead was informal. After the interview process they followed up with an offer. The offer was standard for the interns/co-ops.

Supply Chain Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Columbus, OH).

Interview

applied through school and only had one behavioral interview. Do not be nervous, it was very simple behavioral questions. Practice most common questions and smile, they will love you.

Interview Questions

• tell me a time when you were challenged as a leader?   1 Answer

Welding Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at GE Aviation.

Interview

Two step process: 1. Informal phone interview. 2. Formal phone interview
    Phone conversations to determine background and if the candidate has the necessary experiences to complete the job responsibilities.The conversations were not behavioral (i.e. not STAR format), and the questions were geared towards getting to know your interests and personality. The questions centered around previous work experiences and classes that I took in my college career.

Interview Questions

• What were some of your favorite classes from school?
      Tell us about materials you have worked with in previous job experiences?
      Answer Question

Engineering Coop Interview

Interview

The interview was mostly behavioral questions. They asked about 6 behavioral questions after having a brief conversation with the interviewer about his day to day life. Was a fairly laid back interview and the behavioral questions were standard. Make sure to have good questions because there was about 10 minutes at the end of the interview for questions.

Interview Questions

• A time when you helped someone else achieve their goals   Answer Question

Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Very pain free. Simple behavioral questions with a very nice interviewer. They already had my resume so none of the questions pertained to my skills and experiences directly. The interviewers emphasized having specific, detailed examples of how you responded to certain situations, so definitely have an idea of past experiences that you can reference.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that you've never been in before. How did you deal with it?   Answer Question