GE Aviation Interview Questions in Lynn, MA | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 3, 2016

2.8

MQE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Lynn, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

Pretty easy process. Applied online and got a phone screen pretty short after. I passed the phone screen and was asked to come in for an in person interview. Interview was about 5-6 behavioral questions (give me a time when...) and more information on the position. I interviewed in front of an HR manager as well as a business leader. Thought the interview went well...didn't hear much for a while and later found out I was not accepted

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you worked with someone difficult?   Answer Question

Cell Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynn, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Lynn, MA) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview went very well. I had a chance to meet a lot of the different business leaders etc. They seemed so very happy about the way the interview went, they had me come back for a full-day shadowing of different employees. At this point people are telling me that I have the job and that they will be very excited to be working with me, and they will get in touch with me ASAP to start the hiring process Four weeks later....FOUR WEEKS LATER someone finally returns my phone call to notify me that the job opening has been canceled. Do not trust a word these people say. They are too worried about the Union firing each and every one of them rather than hiring new people to train.

Interview Questions

• What was the most stressful situation you've been in?   1 Answer

Product Definition Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Lynn, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

Simple but it is important that you are able to talk about yourself

Interview Questions

Negotiation

2 week to accept the offer and you had to get a drug test

Lead Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Lynn, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

HR gave the wrong time, showed up 20 mins late
    Met with Quality, Test manager and one peer
    Given a tour of the facilities - brought my own PPE, which impressed the hiring manager
    Interviewers were most impressed with credentials

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated with HR only. Tried to low-ball salary offer initially

Supply Chain Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynn, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Lynn, MA).

Interview

Recruiters came to my school and had a networking event. If they thought you might be a good fit they would send you an email after the networking event.
    The interview process was easier than expected. Very behavioral based. However, if you have a technical background they can push you to see what knowledge you actually have.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations. As an intern they were very strict in terms of pay and when you had to accept or reject their offer.

Fulfillment Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynn, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Lynn, MA) in March 2012.

Interview

completely through the phone which isn't the normal process (usually 1-2 in-person interviews), but through professional society connection was able to secure phone interview which lasted 1.5 hrs.

Interview Questions

• If you had to figure out the total number of red cars in the city of Boston, how would you go about doing that?   4 Answers

Negotiation

able to negotiate starting and ending dates, pay is standard for rising juniors for their Early Identification Program

Program Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Lynn, MA) in February 2012.

Interview

Submitted my resume and was called by HR within 2 weeks. Had two phone interviews with HR rep. HR rep was great, explained the position, asked me general questions and said my background was good fit for the position. Second call from HR rep he asked me more detail questions about my technical skills and background – wanted to make sure I was a ‘fit’. He told me the manager was really busy and couldn’t find time during the day to interview so we set-up any evening phone interview. What a disaster and a complete waste of my time. She called and postponed the interview for 1/2hr. Then when she did call back, all I could hear were crying children and ‘noise’ in the background. One of those managers that believe their time is more valuable than anyone else’s. If this is the kind of ‘leader’ GE produces, think twice before taking a job.
    I’m experienced professional. BSEE, MS Industrial Engineer. Worked for Global 50 Aerospace and Management Consulting firms. Veteran of USAF

Interview Questions

• HR interview was general background, skills discussion and some project discussion. Why I wanted to work for GE?   1 Answer

Edison Engineering Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynn, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Lynn, MA) in December 2011.

Interview

Round robin of interviews. There were 5 different reviewers. 1 interview was a technical interview. Most questions are behavioral based questions. There was also a group activity and a personal presentation.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had trouble with a co-worker   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-negotiable

EEDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynn, MA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Lynn, MA) in November 2011.

Interview

extensive
    on campus interview
    on-site interview with 5 minute presentation and 4 hour long one-on-one sessions

Interview Questions

• Whaat is the most difficut class you took in college?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to work with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynn, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE Aviation (Lynn, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

First Phone Screen, following week technical interview with team leader and manager, then situation and behavior interview with HR. Following week interview with Section boss via telephone.

Technical interview was easy as I was coming into the company with experience. The interview with HR and Section Leader were a bit intense. Questions were putting you into a situation and how would you handle this case.