GE Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

2.9

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through school career website and they got back to me saying I got a on campus interview very soon, like within two days. The interview was two parts, one behavior questions and one technical questions. I didn't get in the second round because my technical background and programming skills were not strong enough, and they pointed that out directly during the interview. Behavior questions were easy, but they had a high standard for technical skills.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through TechHire, a recruiting agency. Received and passed code test. Then GE HR set up phone interviews with hiring managers. The phone interviews went well then the GE HR disappeared after email check-ins. Wow.

Interview Questions

• The usual front end questions you can google and prepare for and some backend Node/Postgres/MongoDB terminologies and how to use.   Answer Question

Innovation Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GE (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

Straight forward, nothing too stressful. Focused on previous innovation projects/experience. Technologies background key. Not a lot on culture, wished discussed more on people. What are your strengths and weaknesses, why do you want this job ... again standard questions/process.

FMP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GE (Boston, MA).

Interview

There were 3 rounds--they all generally asked about your background, why you're interested, etc. I think management is really trying to check if he candidate is interested in finance instead of just the leadership aspect of the program.

ITLP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GE (Boston, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

1 45 minute interview. Recruiter was very friendly, and didn't ask many questions. Mostly conversation based. Recruiter mostly about experience on my resume and what challenges I faced and what I learned from these experiences. Overall it was a really easy interview and was able to gain a better understanding of the company and culture. I received an offer the next day.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lowell, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE (Lowell, MA) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied through college career fair. Did a one-on-one chat with the representative which lead to an invitation to a formal interview the following day. Dressed appropriately and went through the normal protocol. When it was my turn to get in, I sat one-on-one with the interview. The interview lasted for about 30 minutes. Questions mostly behavioral question which was contrary to what I prepared for. However since I'm very adaptive, I was able to flow with the unexpected change.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you got into a problem with a co-worker.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation required

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynn, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE (Lynn, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

First there was an initial phone screening by the HR recruiter, followed by a HR person phone screening. Shortly after I was asked to come for an interview . Spent 30 minutes with the plant manager and HR, then had a peer interview and a tour of the shop.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions - Why GE?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE (Boston, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

I reached the second round. I was asked fairly basic questions with a problem solving case study at the end. Fairly simple to prepare for, but it was clearly competitive. Would recommend to a friend.

Interview Questions

• How could I translate prior experience to my new position?   Answer Question

FMP Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Boston, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

Very conversational. Behavioral based interview. One on one. Good conversation with hiring manager. Why GE? Why FMP? Why you? Basic finance and accounting questions. They are looking for fit. Overall strong experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate (it was co-op role). Be yourself. Looking for fit

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Lynn, MA) in June 2013.

Interview

online application process, screened by computer so resume can get knocked out if correct "buzz word" is not in application/resume.