GE Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 18, 2017

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through school career website and they got back to me saying I got a on campus interview very soon, like within two days. The interview was two parts, one behavior questions and one technical questions. I didn't get in the second round because my technical background and programming skills were not strong enough, and they pointed that out directly during the interview. Behavior questions were easy, but they had a high standard for technical skills.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through TechHire, a recruiting agency. Received and passed code test. Then GE HR set up phone interviews with hiring managers. The phone interviews went well then the GE HR disappeared after email check-ins. Wow.

Interview Questions

• The usual front end questions you can google and prepare for and some backend Node/Postgres/MongoDB terminologies and how to use.   Answer Question

FMP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GE (Boston, MA).

Interview

There were 3 rounds--they all generally asked about your background, why you're interested, etc. I think management is really trying to check if he candidate is interested in finance instead of just the leadership aspect of the program.

ITLP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GE (Boston, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

1 45 minute interview. Recruiter was very friendly, and didn't ask many questions. Mostly conversation based. Recruiter mostly about experience on my resume and what challenges I faced and what I learned from these experiences. Overall it was a really easy interview and was able to gain a better understanding of the company and culture. I received an offer the next day.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lowell, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE (Lowell, MA) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied through college career fair. Did a one-on-one chat with the representative which lead to an invitation to a formal interview the following day. Dressed appropriately and went through the normal protocol. When it was my turn to get in, I sat one-on-one with the interview. The interview lasted for about 30 minutes. Questions mostly behavioral question which was contrary to what I prepared for. However since I'm very adaptive, I was able to flow with the unexpected change.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you got into a problem with a co-worker.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation required

FMP Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Boston, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

Very conversational. Behavioral based interview. One on one. Good conversation with hiring manager. Why GE? Why FMP? Why you? Basic finance and accounting questions. They are looking for fit. Overall strong experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate (it was co-op role). Be yourself. Looking for fit

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Lynn, MA) in June 2013.

Interview

online application process, screened by computer so resume can get knocked out if correct "buzz word" is not in application/resume.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GE (Lynn, MA) in December 2012.

Interview

Four hours long with a panel of executives and senior managers, beginning with HR and rotating until reaching Executive Level leadership. Prior is a pone screen. Process from phone screen to in person selection was about 2 weeks. After in person interview took about 2 months to hear the outcome.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Marjeting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE (Boston, MA) in October 2012.

Interview

Staright forward behavourial quesitons about my background and travels etc. Wanted to hear a lot about why I wanted to work at GE and what I knew about the company. Questions with regards to my experiences within a large organizaiton and leadership opporutnities too.

Financial Management Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at GE (Boston, MA) in September 2012.

Interview

I got the interview via on-campus recruiting. Went to a gathering at a local bar/restaurant the night before for an informational session. I got interviewed by the CFO and he was extremely nice, made me feel at ease and was also helpful afterwards in answering questions.