GE Business Transitions Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Business Transitions Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schenectady, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GE (Schenectady, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

I interviewed for two different positions: first on the Communications team, a role which I wasn't offered, and subsequently on the Business Transitions team, which I was considerably happier about and accepted as soon as the role was offered. The process started with a phone call from HR about 2 weeks after I had submitted my application through both my universtiy and the GE Careers website. I elected to interview one week following the phone call. The interview (with the Communications team) consisted of 2 group interviews and a one-on-one interview with the team leader. The atmosphere was quite relaxed, and the questions asked were quite standard fare. I found out 2 days after that I didn't get this position but was being considered for a different one on another team. One week later, I interviewed for the Business Transitions intern role, and had a similar 3 panel interview, which was again fairly relaxed. Two days after the interview, I received a call from HR and my offer letter a few days afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to deal with conflict within a team.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were no negotiations for this position; however, I did hear that another intern stated upfront that he would only be able to spend 9 months in the position instead of the customary/required 12 months, and he was still offered te position.