GE Capital Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GE Capital Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at GE Capital

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at GE Capital (Norwalk, CT) in June 2011.

Interview

I initially struck up conversations by networking with a mutual contact with a junior level associate within the current group I work. He instructed me what his daily tasks are and what the environment is like at GE. He also informed me what to expect in the interviews as well as the type of candidates they are looking for. As the interview process began, I meet with 5 different senior level management (AVP, VP, SVP, MD) individually for 30 minutes. Each interview varied as some wanted to hear your background and discuss prior experiences as others wanted to see how much knowledge you knew about the company/industry/particular tasks that coincided with the position.

It turns out, I left a question open for interpretation and some people took my answer the opposite of what I originally intended. I followed up with the SVP who I would be working for after I heard from my junior level associate contact to clarify what was said. They brought me in for a 2nd round interview to try and redeem myself. It so happens, they appreciated how much I cared about the interview/position and took my clarifying email as a major positive. They offered me the position about 2 months after I applied.

During the interview, I was made to feel very comfortable and relaxed. Everyone in the office was very intrigued by my background and current MBA work. The work culture at GE is much different than a major investment bank as they take pride in training their employees (senior and junior level). It is a very team-based environment where possibilities are made to feel endless.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your former comapny and switch careers?   Answer Question

Negotiation

When I was waiting for the offer, I conducted some research of what other BAs in the industry were receiving and came up with a figure I thought would be appropriate to ask for. When I heard from GE, the offer exceeded what I planned to ask/negotiate by $8k. GE even offered to cover the remaining MBA classes I was taking at a local university before I could even ask. It was a very encouraging experience as I knew I was a valued asset to them right from the start.

I would advise doing as much research as possible regarding salary and benefits from a similar position at different companies within the industry. You can get a gauge as to what is appropriate to ask for so you are within reason if you attempt to negotiate your starting salary.

Other Interview Reviews for GE Capital

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Capital (Norwalk, CT) in November 2011.

Interview

1 - Applied online
    2 - Received e-mail notification 4 days later that I was being considered for this position and/or another one and that someone would reach out shortly
    3 - 3 weeks later, saw that I was no longer being considered for the position applied to per the submission status page (no e-mail received ever receieved)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE Capital (Norwalk, CT) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview process for a business analyst positions at GE Capital are fairly smooth. You have to interview with a few team members and most of the questions are based on your experiences rather than technical questions.

Interview Questions

• How do your experiences match up with the job description?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Houston, TX

Interview

Very friendly, and supportive

not enough money

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GE Capital.

Interview

10 rounds - first 3 rounds were important (technical and more of scenario based). First round is with hiring manager for an hour. after that 2 technical rounds. once you clear these, remaining interviews are 30 mins each and are formality only.

Interview Questions

• Explain a scenario where you have to make a decision that your manager didn't agree for   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE Capital in February 2012.

Interview

I have applied via online and got a call from a recruiter like two months later. It took me a only week to get I invited and scheduled for the in office interview after the call. The interviewers were very nice, friendly and put me at ease. They answered to all of my questions proactively and I had some advice as well.

Interview Questions

• How did you know about this position and why did you apply for this position?   Answer Question
    • Walk me through your experiences. (followed by lots of questions about the projects I have done)   Answer Question