GE Capital FMP Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GE Capital FMP Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at GE Capital

2.7

FMP Intern Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE Capital in August 2008.

Interview

The interviews were not high-stress. First interview was an on-campus interview with someone who was high up in the corporate FMP program management. I was contacted for a phone interview about a week later and had that interview about 2 weeks from first notice. The phone interview consisted primarily of walking through a resume and discussing my fit in the program.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate for salary or more time to make a decision

Other Interview Reviews for GE Capital

FMP Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE Capital (London, England (UK)) in April 2012.

Interview

Telephone interview - competency based questions, but mostly negative. Example: Tell me about a time you have failed to achieve a goal. What did you learn & what would you do differently. Two face-to-face interviews with finance leaders. One of them asked questions on previous employers. Example: what are the main assets of the companies you worked before. The other asked a lot of behavioural questions. Example: tell me about a time you took a risk and how did you manage to achieve your goal.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were leading a team and they were not agreeing on how to complete a task.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were given a project that lacked resources or support.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. Accept or reject offer.

FMP Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE Capital.

Interview

Mostly fit related. They really want people who will stick with them in the long term, so it's no surprise. The work really isn't hard and they don't really expect much more than the basic stuff, so don't expect to see too many technical questions.

Just mention you want a work life balance, really want to stick with the company for life, and appreciate project related work a lot. Also, make sure to put down Wall Street and any other investment related finance jobs.