GE Capital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GE Capital Interview Questions

Updated Mar 10, 2017

Customer Service GE Capital Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Capital (South Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

On phone interview via conference call. If you are lucky you have an in person interview with HR and the hiring manager. The phone interview person is positive depending on who calls you. Good company if you can get hired.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with excel   1 Answer

Vice President IT AUDIT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Capital (Norwalk, CT).

Interview

Overall smooth until the end. I had three separate interviews and then interviewed with the head of IT audit who seemed completely disinterested and distracted. Glad I didn't get the job as they are dismantling GE Capital which will result in a lot of layoffs. The environment seemed a little too hyper competitive and metrics driven.

Interview Questions

• What is your weakness and strengths.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GE Capital (Norwalk, CT) in August 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with four interviewers. One HR, one hiring manager, and 2 others. Some were over the phone, some using video software. Video software wasn't the best. It froze at points.

Practice Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GE Capital.

Interview

Found position off of a job site, applied in February. Received email from GE recruiter asking some basic questions for initial cut. Then received phone interview from a Regional Manager. Next step was a 3 person panel interview with two reps and regional. Final step I flew out to meet with Director of PD and Regional Manager. Very long interview process, spanned over two months. Down to me and one other candidate.

The first face to face was a great interview where they delved into my background, successes, etc. The second face to face (which was the third and final) I was told would be with regional that interviewed me the first time along with his boss and another regional. When I went to interview, I was blindsided because only the Director of PD and a new regional that was just hired were there to interview.

I believe they had already made up their mind on who was going to get the offer before I flew out for the final. The Director was very indifferent (I had to walk around the table to shake his hand as he didn't even get up). Throughout the interview his body language was laid back in his chair, no notes taken. There were questions that didn't really pertain to my successes, just very unorganized and unprofessional. I felt like it was all over the place and rushed. Final interview lasted 45 minutes and the end of the interview was bascially like, "Ok thanks".

Knew by the lack of interest in my resume and successes, and the indifferent body language, that the offer wouldn't go to me. They need to have a better poker face next time. Felt like I was there as a second choice and just to satisfy their protocol of having two final candidates for third interview.

I give thumbs down only because of the third and final interview. Very unprofessional and unorganized and the questions had nothing to do with my background and why I would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• What have you done in the past year to better yourself?   Answer Question

Regulatory Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GE Capital (Norwalk, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

Four parts:
    1. Telephone screening with a 3rd party HR company - short conversation, about 30 minutes, walk through resume and relevant job experience
    2. Telephone interview with member of the team I was interviewing for - about 25 minutes, discussed relevant job experience, and availability for interview
    3. In person meeting with 4 team members - thirty minutes each - very pleasant. Great team and working environment. Discussed work experience and ideas for improving pressure points within the company
    4. GE HR screening interview - Uncomfortable to say the very least. Met with Heather Michaud, who conducted an overly aggressive interview. She spent significant time comparing my experiences to her own, and tooting her own professional horn. When discussing questions she asked, she would interrupt to redirect, or reflect on a non-professional opinion she had. After this meeting, I would not have accepted a position even if it were offered. Left a terrible impression of the company and I left disgusted.

Interview Questions

• Would you consider relocating for this position? How would your commute be if you did not relocate?   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at GE Capital.

Interview

Typical behavioral interview; had multiple rounds of that with various managers. Some of the interviewers had the vibe that they were a Goldman Sachs type Tier 1 Bank; but they aren't. Posturing only goes so far. Most interviewers were nice, except for one interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Questions revolved around why anyone would want to take a job in rural Connecticut.   Answer Question

RMP Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE Capital.

Interview

I applied on campus and the whole process took around 3 weeks. 2nd round was around a week after the first. No technical questions. Mostly fit questions, past experiences, items on your resume. Onsite interview included a group interview to test your ability to work on a team. Both interviewers were very pleasant, and I'm guessing that is universal around the firm.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time someone you know acted unethically.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GE Capital.

Interview

Took online assessment which involved different customer service scenarios. Passed, then received email to set up a phone interview. Missed the first call because the phone never rang. (You are only allowed 2 chances then have to wait 6 months to reapply.) I was told congratulations after a brief hold and I could continue the process. No face to face appointments available yet and to check in periodically to get an open slot. Got one the following week. Intimidating (2 people) and lots of questions and writing things down. There was a job offer extended but 2 days before I was to start the HR lady called to say there was a hold up on my background check and I couldn't start with the group without it. She said I could possibly play catch up if it came within a day. Never called me back so I was left hanging. 3 months later I saw they were hiring again and they said that my application said background check wasn't received by testing facility on time (no fault of my own) and they rescheduled ANOTHER face to face. I went yesterday and it was 1 lady (less invasive interview.) I do believe I have to do another background check. I also had to bring papers (resume, section 19...) again. I had to fill out application again. You sign your life away and it feels like you're applying for a job with the FBI. Unfortunately no one seems to know what's going on and has any real answers as to why I'm repeating the process. Ill just continue to jump through hoops I guess. So THIS time she did not extend a job offer unlike the first time. I may have come across as annoyed because of the repeat procedure and didn't mean to. I DID mention what had happened and it may have been a mistake to do that because she might have felt that I thought I was already golden because I had been offered a position previously.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle extra work your manager gave you and continue to get your own work done.   1 Answer

Led Financial Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE Capital (Irving, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online and within a week was scheduled for a phone interview. Next, were in-person interviews with 2 managers, and CFO. I met with each one individually for 30 minutes. The interview style of all 3 was relaxed & mainly conversational. We discussed the position and how my background pertains, i.e. situational questions. Not at all difficult. Left interview feeling pretty good about it. Now, just waiting to hear back on their hiring decision.

Interview Questions

• Describe experience preparing a P/L statement & forecasting?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Capital (Eden Prairie, MN) in November 2014.

Interview

Fairly standard big company prescreen process. Throughout the 7 back to back interviews, IT Executive Management was arrogant and, while thinking they are the "smartest guy in the room", far behind in understanding IT Leadership, Program Management, Project Management or Technology. Questions posed were intended to demonstrate how knowledgeable they were, while aimed at intimidating the candidate. Having lived in Eden Prairie for several decades, I know that GE Capital does little outside recruiting. This position is the result of recent internal promotions, of a long-term GE Fleet Finance management team which is very much cloistered and isolated within their own small business unit.

Interview Questions

• "What if you were asked to implement a way to connect everything to everything, how would you do it?" (Essentially an Internet of Things question - something at the very top of the Gartner "Hype Cycle Peak of Inflated Expectations" as of this writing--and thus not yet terribly well understood, but a great buzz-word.)   1 Answer