GE Capital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.9

Customer Care Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE Capital (Memphis, TN) in May 2015.

Interview

Took the assessment, had a phone interview, and interviewed face to face all in one day. Now I'm waiting to hear back from the company. I was instructed to check my email.

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at GE Capital.

Interview

I went through a series of interviews for a single role. This included an initial phone interview with the hiring manager, followed by 3 additional phone interviews with various team members (including an HR Manager). The interviews were all on separate days which made it pretty inconvenient. I then came in for a video conference - again with the hiring manager, and met with an additional team member onsite. Following that, I never heard anything for 3-4 weeks.

Then I received a call from another recruiter saying I wasn't a fit for that role, but that they would like me to interview for another role. I had one phone interview with that hiring manager (different job; different hiring manager). I had additional phone calls with the recruiter regarding salary. In all, it took 5 months to get an offer which is pretty standard for GE Capital.

Interview Questions

• Explain in detail your experience leading a team/project/initiative   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GE Capital (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

Phone call screening with a remote member of the team, follow up with a local member of the team, face to face (Via video chat) with five members of the team. All relevant to work history and career direction.

Practice Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GE Capital.

Interview

Found position off of a job site, applied in February. Received email from GE recruiter asking some basic questions for initial cut. Then received phone interview from a Regional Manager. Next step was a 3 person panel interview with two reps and regional. Final step I flew out to meet with Director of PD and Regional Manager. Very long interview process, spanned over two months. Down to me and one other candidate.

The first face to face was a great interview where they delved into my background, successes, etc. The second face to face (which was the third and final) I was told would be with regional that interviewed me the first time along with his boss and another regional. When I went to interview, I was blindsided because only the Director of PD and a new regional that was just hired were there to interview.

I believe they had already made up their mind on who was going to get the offer before I flew out for the final. The Director was very indifferent (I had to walk around the table to shake his hand as he didn't even get up). Throughout the interview his body language was laid back in his chair, no notes taken. There were questions that didn't really pertain to my successes, just very unorganized and unprofessional. I felt like it was all over the place and rushed. Final interview lasted 45 minutes and the end of the interview was bascially like, "Ok thanks".

Knew by the lack of interest in my resume and successes, and the indifferent body language, that the offer wouldn't go to me. They need to have a better poker face next time. Felt like I was there as a second choice and just to satisfy their protocol of having two final candidates for third interview.

I give thumbs down only because of the third and final interview. Very unprofessional and unorganized and the questions had nothing to do with my background and why I would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• What have you done in the past year to better yourself?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Interview

Typical prescreen, phone interview then face to face. The team was friendly and wanted to ensure I had the required skills initially. Then quickly moved on to determining fit. On boarding was very efficient and mostly electronic.

Interview Questions

• What are trade offs typically considered.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Open and honest.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE Capital (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

First Phase: Phone interview with my prospective manager. I was emailed a time that he would call me. Second Phase: I was sent an email telling me that I passed the first round and given a date and time for an in person interview. The in person interview had two parts. I met with an HR representative in her office briefly. Following that interview, I met with another employee in a different office. All of the interviewers were very nice.

Interview Questions

• Phone Interview by Manager: Give me a time when you were a leader. Give me a time when you had to solve a problem. Questions like that. HR Interview in Person: What do you like about your job? Additional Employee in Person Interview: What are your interests?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, the salary was already set.

Collateral Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GE Capital.

Interview

I was referred by someone who knew the Team Lead. She sent me an internal application. I applied and was interviewed by 3 different HR people within a 3 week span before the in person interview. This took 1.5 hours and was with 2 different managers.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last position? What did you do at your last position?   Answer Question

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeport, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GE Capital (Bridgeport, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

Pretty standard two round interview phone call process. First interview about me and the second interview was about answering performance based questions and using examples to display my knowledge and skills.

Interview Questions

• What have you accomplished in you current position?   1 Answer
    • What mistakes have you made?   1 Answer

After going through two rounds of phone interviewing, on the third call they explained after interviewing that they feel that I would be bored in the position. They then proceeded to offer me another position. However with my schooling I declined as I was not able to relocate for the position. I did not want to apply and start over in another Masters program. They told me to call them back once I graduated and we can go from there.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Capital in March 2015.

Interview

I applied in March. I got an email from HR a week later asking me to fill out a table with additional information. A week later I get an email stating that I can proceed with a phone screen. It was pretty simple, just asking me to go through things listed on my resume. A few hours after the phone screen I was asked to set up a time to speak with the manager the following week. The final interview was pretty relaxed, with the manger mostly just talking more about the project and making sure I was interested in it. She said it would take 2 weeks to hear back. I got a call from HR with an offer just over 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What do you like best about your extracurricular activities?
      What do you see yourself doing in this position?
      Answer Question

Regulatory Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GE Capital (Norwalk, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

Four parts:
    1. Telephone screening with a 3rd party HR company - short conversation, about 30 minutes, walk through resume and relevant job experience
    2. Telephone interview with member of the team I was interviewing for - about 25 minutes, discussed relevant job experience, and availability for interview
    3. In person meeting with 4 team members - thirty minutes each - very pleasant. Great team and working environment. Discussed work experience and ideas for improving pressure points within the company
    4. GE HR screening interview - Uncomfortable to say the very least. Met with Heather Michaud, who conducted an overly aggressive interview. She spent significant time comparing my experiences to her own, and tooting her own professional horn. When discussing questions she asked, she would interrupt to redirect, or reflect on a non-professional opinion she had. After this meeting, I would not have accepted a position even if it were offered. Left a terrible impression of the company and I left disgusted.

Interview Questions

• Would you consider relocating for this position? How would your commute be if you did not relocate?   Answer Question