GE Capital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 3, 2017

2.8

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GE Capital (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

Completed application through careerbuilder.com and was set up with phone interview the next day. Completed phone interview(15 minutes) and set up for face to face interview the following week. Pretty simple questions and not that hard of an interview.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GE Capital (Norwalk, CT) in August 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with four interviewers. One HR, one hiring manager, and 2 others. Some were over the phone, some using video software. Video software wasn't the best. It froze at points.

CMO Interview

Interview

Rapid, thorough and informative. Met with small subset of overall team from all levels of the organization. Went through 2 rounds, focus was on domain expertise and overall fit with culture and team.

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at GE Capital (Norwalk, CT).

Interview

The interview process was extensive and competitive. Be prepared, do your homework. Interviewed first on campus; a few weeks later I was invited for a day of additional interviews at the company where I met with 3 additional individuals, separately.

Interview Questions

• From general technical skills that one may have to questions related to leadership and managing/dealing with group dynamics.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GE Capital.

Interview

10 rounds - first 3 rounds were important (technical and more of scenario based). First round is with hiring manager for an hour. after that 2 technical rounds. once you clear these, remaining interviews are 30 mins each and are formality only.

Interview Questions

• Explain a scenario where you have to make a decision that your manager didn't agree for   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at GE Capital.

Interview

I went through a series of interviews for a single role. This included an initial phone interview with the hiring manager, followed by 3 additional phone interviews with various team members (including an HR Manager). The interviews were all on separate days which made it pretty inconvenient. I then came in for a video conference - again with the hiring manager, and met with an additional team member onsite. Following that, I never heard anything for 3-4 weeks.

Then I received a call from another recruiter saying I wasn't a fit for that role, but that they would like me to interview for another role. I had one phone interview with that hiring manager (different job; different hiring manager). I had additional phone calls with the recruiter regarding salary. In all, it took 5 months to get an offer which is pretty standard for GE Capital.

Interview Questions

• Explain in detail your experience leading a team/project/initiative   Answer Question

Customer Care Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE Capital (Memphis, TN) in May 2015.

Interview

Took the assessment, had a phone interview, and interviewed face to face all in one day. Now I'm waiting to hear back from the company. I was instructed to check my email.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GE Capital (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

Phone call screening with a remote member of the team, follow up with a local member of the team, face to face (Via video chat) with five members of the team. All relevant to work history and career direction.

Practice Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GE Capital.

Interview

Found position off of a job site, applied in February. Received email from GE recruiter asking some basic questions for initial cut. Then received phone interview from a Regional Manager. Next step was a 3 person panel interview with two reps and regional. Final step I flew out to meet with Director of PD and Regional Manager. Very long interview process, spanned over two months. Down to me and one other candidate.

The first face to face was a great interview where they delved into my background, successes, etc. The second face to face (which was the third and final) I was told would be with regional that interviewed me the first time along with his boss and another regional. When I went to interview, I was blindsided because only the Director of PD and a new regional that was just hired were there to interview.

I believe they had already made up their mind on who was going to get the offer before I flew out for the final. The Director was very indifferent (I had to walk around the table to shake his hand as he didn't even get up). Throughout the interview his body language was laid back in his chair, no notes taken. There were questions that didn't really pertain to my successes, just very unorganized and unprofessional. I felt like it was all over the place and rushed. Final interview lasted 45 minutes and the end of the interview was bascially like, "Ok thanks".

Knew by the lack of interest in my resume and successes, and the indifferent body language, that the offer wouldn't go to me. They need to have a better poker face next time. Felt like I was there as a second choice and just to satisfy their protocol of having two final candidates for third interview.

I give thumbs down only because of the third and final interview. Very unprofessional and unorganized and the questions had nothing to do with my background and why I would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• What have you done in the past year to better yourself?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Interview

Typical prescreen, phone interview then face to face. The team was friendly and wanted to ensure I had the required skills initially. Then quickly moved on to determining fit. On boarding was very efficient and mostly electronic.

Interview Questions

• What are trade offs typically considered.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Open and honest.