GE Capital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 17, 2017

2.8

ECLP Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Capital (Bloomington, IN) in January 2015.

Interview

On-campus interview followed by multiple phone screens. Strictly behavioral based, no technicals. Quick turnaround after third phone screen (though they didn't have a hiring manager in place when the process begun which dragged the process out). Two weeks to decide.

Customer Data Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE Capital (New Haven, CT) in January 2015.

Interview

3 rounds, 1st with HR, 2nd with Hiring Manager, 3rd with Hiring Manager's boss. Lengthy process but overall pleasant. Very nice people to interview with, continuous update and feedback between rounds.

Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at GE Capital (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fair. They responded quickly subsequent to the interview and made sure that a final decision was communicated. The interview process also allowed for questions to be asked to get a better idea of the role and specific skill sets needed. Overall I found the process to be very good from the perspective of getting a good understanding of the role.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a tIke when you displayed good problem solving skills.   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Capital (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very good. Contacted by HR around new year break and got first interview 2 weeks later and onsite 1 week after that. Questions were mainly behavioral like how to deal with stress, time management. Managers were nice. Overall good experience

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at GE Capital.

Interview

Typical behavioral interview; had multiple rounds of that with various managers. Some of the interviewers had the vibe that they were a Goldman Sachs type Tier 1 Bank; but they aren't. Posturing only goes so far. Most interviewers were nice, except for one interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Questions revolved around why anyone would want to take a job in rural Connecticut.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE Capital.

Interview

Met through on-campus career fair, and received an interview for the next day to take place at my university . The interview was 30 minutes and strictly behavioral. All questions I had seen before and were really straight forward.

Within 2 days I had been offered an interview at their HQ in Norwalk, Connecticut. There was a dinner the night before with current FMP's which was great because we were able to ask them a lot of questions and they were pretty forward with their answers. The next morning consisted of a couple information sessions, two 30 minute interviews, and wrapped up with a lunch with more FMP's.

I got the official offer a week and a half later and accepted on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, as it is a rotational program.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Capital (Chicago, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

Total five rounds of interviews and one HR and 4 technical rounds. Interview was difficult and each one 1 hour interview.Morning to evening . Prepare well statistics. And nothing more to say..

Interview Questions

• Total technical and statistical questions, model development question, validation questions. Back testing and model assessments. Prepare well statistics.   1 Answer

Field Auditor Interview

Interview

Quick and painless, it was lengthy, but too be expected for a large corporation. Management and HR was very informative and helpful through the whole process. I was able to shadow an employee prior to joining, which made the decision easier.

FMP Trainee Interview

Interview

Went through school's hiring website and had a behavioral interview. After, there was a phone interview that was very similar to the first interview I had. The interviewers were very friendly and nice and was able to give me an idea of how working with GE would be like.

RMP Summer Interview

Application

Interview

I applied on campus and the whole process took around 3 weeks. 2nd round was around a week after the first. No technical questions. Mostly fit questions, past experiences, items on your resume. Onsite interview included a group interview to test your ability to work on a team. Both interviewers were very pleasant, and I'm guessing that is universal around the firm.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time someone you know acted unethically.   Answer Question