GE Capital Interview Questions in Norwalk, CT | Glassdoor

GE Capital Interview Questions in Norwalk, CT

2.9

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at GE Capital (Norwalk, CT).

Interview

Pretty basic interview, only skin-deep questions testing financial knowledge base, mostly personality based interview process. If you sound confident and talk conversantly about the basics of the subject matter nobody will bother to dig any deeper. The entire process was friendly and non-confrontational. If you don't come across like an ego-maniac you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

• Asked for my vision of where the work could go, what other areas I would like to expand it into etc...   Answer Question

Vice President IT AUDIT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Capital (Norwalk, CT).

Interview

Overall smooth until the end. I had three separate interviews and then interviewed with the head of IT audit who seemed completely disinterested and distracted. Glad I didn't get the job as they are dismantling GE Capital which will result in a lot of layoffs. The environment seemed a little too hyper competitive and metrics driven.

Interview Questions

• What is your weakness and strengths.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GE Capital (Norwalk, CT) in August 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with four interviewers. One HR, one hiring manager, and 2 others. Some were over the phone, some using video software. Video software wasn't the best. It froze at points.

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at GE Capital (Norwalk, CT).

Interview

The interview process was extensive and competitive. Be prepared, do your homework. Interviewed first on campus; a few weeks later I was invited for a day of additional interviews at the company where I met with 3 additional individuals, separately.

Interview Questions

• From general technical skills that one may have to questions related to leadership and managing/dealing with group dynamics.   Answer Question

Regulatory Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GE Capital (Norwalk, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

Four parts:
    1. Telephone screening with a 3rd party HR company - short conversation, about 30 minutes, walk through resume and relevant job experience
    2. Telephone interview with member of the team I was interviewing for - about 25 minutes, discussed relevant job experience, and availability for interview
    3. In person meeting with 4 team members - thirty minutes each - very pleasant. Great team and working environment. Discussed work experience and ideas for improving pressure points within the company
    4. GE HR screening interview - Uncomfortable to say the very least. Met with Heather Michaud, who conducted an overly aggressive interview. She spent significant time comparing my experiences to her own, and tooting her own professional horn. When discussing questions she asked, she would interrupt to redirect, or reflect on a non-professional opinion she had. After this meeting, I would not have accepted a position even if it were offered. Left a terrible impression of the company and I left disgusted.

Interview Questions

• Would you consider relocating for this position? How would your commute be if you did not relocate?   Answer Question

FP&A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE Capital (Norwalk, CT) in January 2015.

Interview

Over the phone interview then flown to interview on site. The process was fairly straight forward consisting of behavioral and experience questions.There was a series of 2 one-on-one interviews in person after the initial phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation in which you had two conflicting sources of information and how you derived an answer   Answer Question

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GE Capital (Norwalk, CT) in November 2014.

Interview

On campus first round interview, then a superday in the office. Strong emphasis on culture fit, as you work very closely with your coworkers. Some emphasis on technical skills, but most of the skills are trained.

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GE Capital (Norwalk, CT) in October 2014.

Interview

First there was a screening phone call, which went over my resume to make sure the experiences were valid.

Next, I had a longer, more in depth phone call with an HR manager asking more about the specific experiences I had in finance.

Last, I was brought into the office for a super-day of 4 different interviews. They were all behavioral in nature, with very little touching on financial skills.

Interview Questions

• Please describe your biggest strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GE Capital (Norwalk, CT) in April 2014.

Interview

Met with hiring manager, HR manager, and 2 other managers at same level as hiring manager. Everyone is extremely friendly and allowed me to ask as many questions as I had. The process was pretty quick as it only took 5 days from the time HR contacted me for interview for all the interviews to be completed and get an offer.

Interview Questions

• How does your experience prepare you for the expanded responsibilities of the position?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE Capital (Norwalk, CT) in February 2014.

Interview

Very thorough, focus was more on fit within the team; not too many technical questions - met with line manager, peer, partner organization, HR, and Managing Director. Interview was done in one day, company paid for travel to interview location which included overnight stay.