GE Capital Practice Development Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GE Capital Practice Development Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at GE Capital

3.7

Practice Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GE Capital.

Interview

Found position off of a job site, applied in February. Received email from GE recruiter asking some basic questions for initial cut. Then received phone interview from a Regional Manager. Next step was a 3 person panel interview with two reps and regional. Final step I flew out to meet with Director of PD and Regional Manager. Very long interview process, spanned over two months. Down to me and one other candidate.

The first face to face was a great interview where they delved into my background, successes, etc. The second face to face (which was the third and final) I was told would be with regional that interviewed me the first time along with his boss and another regional. When I went to interview, I was blindsided because only the Director of PD and a new regional that was just hired were there to interview.

I believe they had already made up their mind on who was going to get the offer before I flew out for the final. The Director was very indifferent (I had to walk around the table to shake his hand as he didn't even get up). Throughout the interview his body language was laid back in his chair, no notes taken. There were questions that didn't really pertain to my successes, just very unorganized and unprofessional. I felt like it was all over the place and rushed. Final interview lasted 45 minutes and the end of the interview was bascially like, "Ok thanks".

Knew by the lack of interest in my resume and successes, and the indifferent body language, that the offer wouldn't go to me. They need to have a better poker face next time. Felt like I was there as a second choice and just to satisfy their protocol of having two final candidates for third interview.

I give thumbs down only because of the third and final interview. Very unprofessional and unorganized and the questions had nothing to do with my background and why I would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• What have you done in the past year to better yourself?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GE Capital

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GE Capital (Costa Mesa, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Initially contacted by an internal recruiter on LinkedIn. Interviewed with recruiter on phone week 1, interviewed with hiring manager over the phone week 2, interviewed face to face week 3 with hiring manager, phone interviewed with hiring manager's mirror peer week 4, interviewed with executive leadership week 5, also interviewed with HR week 5.

Interview Questions

• Describe your thoughts regarding account management. Are you a farmer or hunter?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Hiring mgr was aware of my prior experience, education, awards, & documented earnings shown in interview. HR requested W2's. Hiring manager was able to scale up offer.

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at GE Capital (Costa Mesa, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

In depth and lengthy interview process that includes the hiring manager, field personnel, and executive management. Quality vetting process that ensures they are hiring top shelf professionals.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in your career that did't go the way you wanted it to or you regret...and how you would handle it going forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Short, not much wiggle room as their HR management establishes base salaries based on experience and company wide metrics.