GE Capital Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

2.8

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Development Finance Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GE Capital (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Very basic discussion - however this was from an internal candidate standpoint. The discussion was around competencies, experience, etc. No trick questions or standard interview challenges. I presume the process would be different for someone applying externally - however there is a big disconnect between the compensation offered to internal hires, and what external hires with a similar expertise would be looking for.

Interview Questions

• Put yourself in a situation where you are not able to agree with someone - what do you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very basic - it was a take it or leave it offer. I took it - not sure if I could have done any better.

Commercial Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE Capital (Manchester, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was handled well. I was treated with respect and I could tell that the manager was actually interested in me on a personal level, not just functionally. The office space was nice and it was handled with professionalism.

GE Energy Financial Services - Equity Underwriting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE Capital (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

2 interviews involving each member of the team. First interview general chat about experience on CV, the department, new developments in the department, the role and what you can bring to the role. Second interview very technical accounting questions on project finance

Interview Questions

• do you depreciate goodwill?
      how to value a company - income approach and market approach.
      WACC questions
      capital structure questions for a project
      risks in project finance   Answer Question

Risk Management Placement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE Capital (Manchester, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Had to apply online, had a situational test followed by an online interview then face to face interview. The online test mainly goes into why did you chose GE? Who is your hero? Explain a time when you had to encourage someone in a work environment. What has been your greatest achievement?

Interview Questions

• Face to face interview, Firstly asked what is it that we do at GE Capital( in particular that site)? They look into your CV as to why you want to do the role and your motivations for this. They ask the majority of their questions on their 5 core values and you have to give a situation as to when you've been showing the values they are looking for.   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Interview

The entire process took few weeks and started with an initial phone interview with hiring manager and senior leader. Second stage was a face to face meeting, I was asked few technical questions related to the role as well as behavioural questions focused on the company core values - was given a preparation tips by an HR. All the behavioural questions should be answered in accordance to the STAR format STAR (S - describe a situation, T - your task, A - what was your action, R - what was the final outcome).

Interview Questions

• Tell me an example of situation when you have missed the deadline   1 Answer

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GE Capital (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, carried out by human resources and assessment centre, which mainly consisted of competency based questions and a group exercise. Surprisingly there was no technichal question.
    The people there were generally nice and the enviroment seemed to be good. Neverthless I did not really enjoy the recruiting process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you were a leader
      Tell me when you had to make a difficult decision
      (all the standard questions were asked)   Answer Question

Risk Management Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GE Capital (London, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

First there was a phone interview with basic behavioral questions and then a day spent at the Assessment Center in London - 3 one-on-one interviews (1 with the HR and 2 with Risk Management employees) and a group dynamic ( two teams with two different opinions regarding the strategy of a company). Questions were mostly behavioral but you also have to be quite aware of why you want GE/GE Capital and Risk Management. Answer in a STAR mode (Situation, Task, Action and Results) and in line with the company's growth values.

Interview Questions

• Dealing w/ the gap between what you learn in school and what the reality is. Why GE? Why RM? Tell me a situtation in which you showed flexibility? How do you deal with negative feedback?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE Capital (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Phone interview, face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview was competency based.

Face to face interview was standard, going through CV work experiences skills etc.   Answer Question

Risk Management Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at GE Capital (London, England (UK)) in March 2013.

Interview

Initial interview was on the ohone nd concerned mostly behavioral questions. After that, maybe a week waiting for another phone with invitation to assessment center in headquarter in London. Assessment center took one day. First- introduction, short speech about company and about the program. Then 4 hour- window for interviews, in total 4 interviews/ candidate, ll of them 1:1 (with risk managers and HR people). Behavioral based questions + some about the economic situation in the world. In the end short group project. Company check how much do you fit the program and company culture by evaluating 5 traits: clear thinker, imagination, external focus, inclusiveness and expertise. Very positive overall experience, people are friendly, give you the impression that you have a voice and you can make an impact.

Interview Questions

• The main difficulties is in answering to all thebehavioral questions over and over again. It['s pretty tiring, especially in the second half of the day.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no real negotians in the end. They offer you certain salary and conditions and starting date of the program. I was given just a choice of 2 cities in myhome country.

Senior Operations Manager Interview

Application

Interview

Internal hiring process. You need to apply via the internal job site. Usually a "preferred candidate" is already lined up, so it is a bit of a waste of time generally.

GE uses an internal resume to understand past performance and achievements.

Interview Questions

• A lot of personality questions around management style, influencing skills, working in matrix organisation.   Answer Question