GE Interview Questions in Cleveland, OH | Glassdoor

2.7

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GE (Cleveland, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

Great experience. Phone screen with recruiter. Lasted about 45 minutes. I learned a lot about the company, office and position. The interviewer was very friendly and easy to talk to.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GE (Cleveland, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

quick, to the point and didn't have to wait long to hear a response. GE was very good about communicating the next steps in the process and clear on what they were looking for. Job description matched the actual position. Was given a lot of responsibility for an intern.

FMP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Cleveland, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through employee referral. interviewed with a CFO and an HR person. very easy, straight-forward behavior interview. Just want to know why finance and why GE. After the phone interview they said they would connect with me the next week. Two weeks later they called me back telling me this was an overly competitive year and they couldn't offer me a position.

IT Project Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE (Cleveland, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

Had phone screen with HR. Then met with 3 people, hiring manager, peer, and HR manager on-site. The process was long. It took over 2 months to hire me. I wasn't sure they were still interested. Paid a signing bonus.

Interview Questions

• No behavioral questions. Just asked about experience and why I wanted to work there.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Got sign-on bonus. Negotiated another week of vacation. This doesn't matter now though. Everyone gets unlimited vacation.

Customer Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Cleveland, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone call(s) with recruiter and hiring manager that led to on-site interview approx. two weeks later. Interview lasted approx. 4 hours. Met with multiple team members throughout day of varying responsibility. Felt a bit hurried as I was shuffled from one appointment/"discussion" to the next. Didn't get a full tour of the facility which seemed unusual.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to name one trait my spouse/sig other/close friend would say is my greatest weakness, or something I need to work on.

Asked a series of behavioral type questions from HR rep that reflected a lack of understanding of my past experiences and successes.

Interview with would-be peers was awkward to say the least. They seemed unaware of the hiring manager's (their boss) desire to infuse leadership into the organization and hit me with many technical questions that were not relevant.

Appreciated GE's willingness to offer feedback on my interview after informing me I wasn't selected for position. However, upon hearing the feedback I couldn't have disagreed with the feedback more...   Answer Question

SCM IT Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Applied through internet ( found job on Indeed), had two interviews with hiring Manager and another SCM architect. Both went well and was invited to onsite. However the business manager at my first meeting seemed to have a preconceived notion, may be a misalignment with IT team about which kind of system to implement and what skills are needed. This SCM manager came in late by about 15 minutes to the meeting, started asking questions and the interview seemed one way, just what I can offer to the job and not what exactly leaving any leeway for learning new things/skills at the job. He then started looking at his cell phone when I was talking. I understood the result. Just completed the rest of my discussions with other people as scheduled and head back home. I left that even if they were to offer the job, I would not take it as this seems to be all work and no return from employee perspective and also indicates an internal war between IT and business. I just did my MBA and had so many lessons about 6sigma and GE and was shocked to find that GE lighting was getting rid of six sigma!

Interview Questions

• Very technical - related to SAP, GATP, APO, pull and push chains   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Cleveland, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online in March and received the telephone from the department manager in May. After the phone interview, I received the notification to make into the second round interview in a week. and I heard back from the manager just one day after the on-site interview. the whole process went pretty fast.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Cleveland, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

This interview was behavioral and was very helpful to gauge what GE was looking for in a candidate. The interviewer was kind and attentive and guided the interview well. During our conversation we talked not only about me, but about what the interviewer saw in the company and opportunities it created.

Interview Questions

• How have you been able to persuade a group of people to accomplish something you need accomplished?   Answer Question

GM - Consumer Marketing & Marketing Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

GE is very efficient in reviewing candidates' application. I submitted my application online through their website and got a rejection email from their HR in 10 days. Even though I didn't score an interview opportunity, I am very impressed with their career services department. Very efficient!

Interview Questions

• I believe the next step would be a phone screen if I was selected.   Answer Question

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at GE (Cleveland, OH) in February 2013.

Interview

I interviewed on-campus. After a certain amount of days, I was invited for the interview by the professional office on-campus that scheduled my interview. The hiring manager asked a lot in depth about my previous work experience. I had a tiny case study/brain teaser to solve, but nothing to be worried about.