GE EID Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.8

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE (Detroit, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

Two on one interview with little to no technical questions, only situational questions. The interview was around 25 minutes and at the end they gave us time to ask them questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Q. Describe a time when you and your teammates had a disagreement and how you solved it.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GE (Detroit, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through university campus. process took 3 months. I interviewed in campus and was given offer 4 weeks after. The interview was all behavioral questions and took about 30 minutes. I really prepared for the interview, because I am really interested in working with GE. I noticed that GE cares a lot about leadership skills and almost all GE interns at my university have had previous internship or a leadership position.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you took a risk and how did it go?
      How do you keep up with modern technologies?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Networked and was called for an interview offer. Application was done online, and interview was a brief 30 minute long interview with the interviewer asking me behavioral questions regarding my work with technology. Interviewer asked me what possible options within GE I wanted and after replying, I was then accepted on spot.

Interview Questions

• What was one time when things did not go as expected during a technical project you were working on, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

My school has a career fair, and General Electric was one company in attendance. I applied online through my school's website before the career fair, and I was selected for an on campus interview while the recruiters were at my school. The interview was all behavioral questions, and it was a one-to-one interview.

EID Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

I went through a single typical HR interview. The beginning began with simple questions the interviewer had after observing my resume. Then, the interviewer read off of a pdf on a laptop, so the questions were quite standard. They were all behavioral questions, despite my background and position being technical.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you disagreed with someone about something, and how were things resolved?   Answer Question

EID Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE in September 2013.

Interview

I applied for a job posting they put on my school website. I was selected for an interview, in which they came to my campus. We had about a 40 minute interview, which seemed pretty standard. Normally they look for engineers, but in this case I think they wanted a supply chain/operations student, which I am. After the interview, I was given an internship offer and I accepted. My original assignment was for a lean manufacturing position in california, but the plant was sold before my internship began, so I was reassigned to a facility in New York. I don't think they were really expecting a supply chain intern there, but I was able to gain some good experience.

Interview Questions

• They asked me a question about how I had used data to analyze and solve a complicated problem. Most of their questions were pretty standard like this.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was given a very competitive hourly wage for my internship, and also compensated for travel and lodging.

EID Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE in October 2012.

Interview

Apply through school's job link. And meet in the career fair, get a email and set up interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked me what the biggest obstacles that I overcome in college and how do I demonstrate my skill in real life. And he asked that if you have a project that require skill you don't know, how would you do and do you have any experience can demonstrate it.   Answer Question

GE EID program don't sponsor international student.

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GE (Ithaca, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

Met recruiter at career fair, and applied on GE website afterwards. Was selected for an interview two weeks later. Received acceptance notification about a week later.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time you received conflicting instructions"   Answer Question

EID Interview

Interview

Phone interview after contacting person through campus recruiting network. Offer given next day. Typical STAR interview questions, not too bad. Just went over resume submitted by email earlier. Didn't hear anything for quite awhile after that until background check started spring semester. Intern program isn't as organized as I would've thought, no formal orientation for the Houston interns and it wasn't until much later in the summer that I met interns working in other buildings around the city.