GE Electrical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GE Electrical Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Rochester, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

About average. Contacted by HR for a phone interview then a second phone interview with the technical manager. A week later I was asked to come for a in-person interview. The whole process too 2.5-3 weeks

Interview Questions

• Question were of average difficulty from description of op-amp operation to switching power supply operation.   Answer Question

Took another job at a better location

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Anonymous Employee in Minden, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Minden, NV).

Interview

Fairly typical interview process, after passing a phone screening, it's a 3 on 1 panel interview. 2 technical and 1 fit interviewer. The Fit person asks the fuzzy questions, since Minden is a rural community, they want you to be aware of limited social outlets. The Technical team generally splits up between digital and analog.

Interview Questions

• Draw a block diagram of a micro controller.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Schenectady, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GE (Schenectady, NY).

Interview

Brief and direct. Felt more of me interviewing them instead of they interviewing me. Two individual interviews with a panel at the end. Time between interview, feedback and offer was excessive.

Interview Questions

• When prioritizing tasks to perform, how do you decide what should go first, second and so on?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE in November 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter for a phone interview. The interview was for 30 minutes long. I asked if this will be a technical interview and her respond was no! After the initial introduction and going over what I been doing she said that she has some technical questions from the manager!

Interview Questions

• What is the change in diode voltage with respect to temperature?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

It was three weeks after campus career fair. After online application, the manager contacted me and scheduled interview. The interview lasts an hour and is a behavioral interview. She bombarded candidates with seven to ten questions. I would strong suggest preparation is needed. At the end, she will ask if you have any question.

Interview Questions

• What did you do in the past that made you most embarrassed?   Answer Question
    • In your past experience, what made you most proud of?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arecibo, PR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE (Arecibo, PR).

Interview

The interview proces in General Electric is a good process the company bring the equal oportunity of employ and give the oportunity to the employ growing in the company. Make a someone question abot your progress in the companny and whay do you think or espect aboy this position. In general is a good process of interview with a diferent steps.

Interview Questions

• What kind of work do you realice in the plant and what is your expectation about the new oportunity.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Interview

Easy but just get prepared like any other job interview. Process may take up to 3 months sometimes. It all starts with phone call, then hiring mangers interview, offer letter then background check

Interview Questions

Negotiation

H

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broussard, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GE (Broussard, LA) in October 2014.

Interview

In depth interview in person with several of the workers. Quick tour of facilities and rundown of what the job would expect. Discussed prior experience that I had and where I thought the experiences would help with the job. A lot of questions about what I wanted to do in the future.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Lexington, KY) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview was brief to the point. They were looking for a candidate with more skills that what I had. Therefore I did not have good luck on this position.

Interview Questions

• Describe any previous work experience that you have ?   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Interview

A series of interviews that consisted of multivariate scenarios that tested my knowledge and depth of controls. Problematic occurrences that made the operations either more seamless or revealing to augment.