GE Energy Connections Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GE Energy Connections Interview Questions

Updated May 9, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GE Energy Connections.

Interview

Started with the general phone interview by a GE recruiter. After another month, called for a second phone interview by a GE employee working which was technical in nature. Had to wait for an additional month to be called for an onsite interview. It was a whole day interview with 5-6 people from HR to hiring manager interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to motivation, team work, individual work, technical know how, dedication and so on.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Energy Connections.

Interview

Interview was fairly lengthy; met with hiring manager, HR and CFO; asked me about my background and experience; was asked behavioral questions in the interview; nothing technical; took a long time to get back with offer; accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• What was your total financial responsibility at the previous employer?   1 Answer

Business Engineer EID Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE Energy Connections.

Interview

I attended an on campus interview with one GE representative. After the interview, I sent a followup email and recieved feedback soon after. I was given a verbal offer then recieved the formal offer a week later. Overall it was a very positive interview experience.

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Energy Connections (Houston, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Job description was very broad and open, which I think was done on purpose. Had to do homework and prep for the interview. Had 2 quick calls, and a face-to-face with 2 managers and the head of HR.

Interview Questions

• How will you grow the business? How will your history help you succeed in this role.   Answer Question

Eid Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at GE Energy Connections (Raleigh, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume on our school's job board for the Early Identification (EID) Co-op in their Commercial Leadership Program (CLP) for GE Energy Connections. I was contacted a couple weeks later to come in for an on-campus interview. The interview was great, and not stressful at all. She asked standard behavioral questions and about things on my resume for the most part. In all, it was about a 30-minute interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that someone, whether it was a coworker or group member, wasn't performing up to their usual standards and what you did to help them.   Answer Question

CLP EID Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Energy Connections (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

I spoke with a GE representative at a SWE conference and was scheduled for an interview the next day. My interviewer was the same employee I had met the day prior, and she made the interview very relaxed and sounded genuinely interested in my answers. It lasted 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE Energy Connections.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward, typical questions about past experiences. The interviewer had my resume in front of him. I applied online through the college career link, and the GE recruiting representative pulled my resume. I had one interview and then got my offer.

Design/Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE Energy Connections (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied through my college career center and was accepted for an interview. I was able to choose my interview time. The interview was a behavioral interview with questions targeting my personality. No technical questions were asked. 2 weeks later I was notified via email that I did not receive the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed and what you learned from the experience.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE Energy Connections (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

30 Minute on campus interview. Interviewed by two younger engineers that were working at the Pittsburgh Branch near my school. The interview was laid back and not too difficult. I made sure to ask a lot of questions and they were very good at giving me all of the information that I needed. Not too much on the technical side.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation because it is my first internship and they offered a very good deal.

EID Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GE Energy Connections in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through my school's internship on-campus program. Interview was with a GE manager who was an alumna of my school. She began by telling me it would a behavioral interview. She basically set up different situations that are common with other work experiences and how I acted. Interview was on a Wednesday, offer was made on Friday.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were in situation you did not fully understand how to solve a problem and how you responded.   Answer Question