GE Energy Connections Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Energy Connections (Houston, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Job description was very broad and open, which I think was done on purpose. Had to do homework and prep for the interview. Had 2 quick calls, and a face-to-face with 2 managers and the head of HR.

Interview Questions

• How will you grow the business? How will your history help you succeed in this role.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GE Energy Connections.

Interview

Contacted by Email, phone screen with recruiter a few days later. First technical phone interview a few weeks later, followed by two more. They were going to fly me out for an onsite interview but instead I had to drive to another site for a video conference interview, which was alot more relaxed than the other ones. During the video conference interview I spoke to 4 different people, 1 hr lady and 3 engineers. I was made an offer about 3 weeks later. No relocation, had to negotiate that as well. Whole process took over 3 months from the date of first contact.

Interview Questions

• Surprisingly not too many technical questions....alot of "Tell me a time..."   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ask, they'll say they can't but the usually can.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Medford, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at GE Energy Connections (Medford, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

There was one non-technical interview with an HR representative. We talked a lot about my resume and it was pretty casual. The interviewer made me very comfortable, so you have no reason to be nervous! We talked about what was most important to me in college and then we also talked about what it was that GE Intelligent Platforms does.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE Energy Connections (Boston, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

I came to the interview through a career fair hosted by my university. GE had accepted me for an interview--- all I had sent them was my resume. My interviewer was very friendly and well-mannered. The interview itself was not technical in nature. I was only asked behavioral questions like "Tell me about a situation where you encountered an unexpected problem and how did you deal with it?" The whole interview was based on what I had written in my resume. My interviewer would just ask me to speak in more detail about what I did. I had a lot of experiences on my resume, so it everything went smoothly.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was particularly unexpected or difficult. Be prepared to talk about team projects and team relationships; for example, describe a conflict you had with a partner and how did you work it out?   Answer Question

I was tempted, but the offer was only $24 an hour. Relocation benefits were minimal. Also, the acceptance website was very old and obsolete looking; it gave the impression of a company without competent management.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at GE Energy Connections (Gainesville, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview was more behavioral, it was one on one with the recruiter I met during the universities career fair. It was not at all intimidating and more relaxed. Definitely no technical (I.E. Mechanical, Electrical,... etc...) questions asked.

Interview Questions

• -Present a time where a team based project did not go the way your team wanted to. How did you handle it? How did the team handle it? What would you would have done differently?

-What was one of the most challenging classes you have had and why?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE Energy Connections.

Interview

The interview was hosted by my university during Interview Day. This was after I met the recruiter at my university's career fair. I only had one interview session, and it only lasted one hour. The interview was entirely behavioral.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE Energy Connections in November 2013.

Interview

Phone interview. I was well prepared yet nervous, even though I practiced a lot the night before. A good 30 minute interview. Got the offer letter in a week, good overall experience.

Interview Questions

• Practice a whole bunch of behavioral interviews and you'll be okay.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE Energy Connections.

Interview

Met the HR rep at a career fair at my college. Handed them my resume, spoke with them for ten minutes or so, and then left. Afterwards I went in for an hour long interview where, unlike most software engineer internships, it was almost entirely a personality exam. I guess one can ascertain a lot about a person's intelligence / software skills through just a discussion, but I was certainly expecting more technical questions. After a brief runthrough of my resume, she asked me a series of questions involving my greatest challenges and fears, etc etc. A few days after the in-person interview, I received an email with the offer, including start dates and pay.

Interview Questions

• What was your greatest challenge in the last year? How did you respond to said challenge, and how did it stimulate your personal growth?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, but considering its an internship I feel like that is pretty standard.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Energy Connections (Boston, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through the campus recruiter and then got an email from them a week later saying I had an on campus interview. The interview itself was short and was purely behavioral. They used the STAR method of interviewing their candidates. Afterwards, I didn't hear anything from them for a good month and then suddenly received an offer from them. The interview process for an internship consisted of only one interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when a team member isn't pulling their weight?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GE Energy Connections (Melbourne, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by the HR representative, the hiring manager, and two Senior Software Engineers. HR and the hiring manager asked typical behavioral questions, (20-30 min. spent with each). No real technical questions from the engineers. They seemed satisfied if you knew the basics, and at least one engineer provided the answer to the technical question he asked. Technical interviews last approx. 20-30 minutes per technical interviewer (max of 4 interviews.)

Interview Questions

• Q: How long have you programmed in Java?
      Q: How do you feel about working with outdated technologies?
      Q: Describe a technical software challenge you faced and how you did/did not solve it?   Answer Question