GE Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

GE Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at GE

2.9

Engineer Interview

Interview

Normal process, a lot of talking with on-campus recruiters. I enjoyed the opportunity to interview with this company. I also found asking a lot of questions helpful to the process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GE (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process is OK. Not as technical driven as I was expected. Some questions on behavioral driven questions and some on experience of leading projects. The interviewer was OK, not smile a lot but as least he pretends to be a good listener. Overall, this is a OK interview experience.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE in March 2012.

Interview

There were initially three phone interviews. I was then requested to fly down for a face to face interview with multiple people. The interviews lasted all day long.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Cleveland, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

This interview was behavioral and was very helpful to gauge what GE was looking for in a candidate. The interviewer was kind and attentive and guided the interview well. During our conversation we talked not only about me, but about what the interviewer saw in the company and opportunities it created.

Interview Questions

• How have you been able to persuade a group of people to accomplish something you need accomplished?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE in November 2014.

Interview

Applied through Indeed. Heard back in about a week directly from the hiring manager. Several phone calls directly with the hiring manager and team members. Phone calls focused on skills--was not a behavioral interview. Did ask for current salary which I declined to provide.

Invited to on-site interview with HR arranging for payment of travel costs and hotel. 4 hour on-site interview.

Anonymous Employee in Troy, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Troy, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview process was very structured. It was very clear they had put a lot of thought into how they were engaging and reviewing candidates. I was interviewing for a leadership program, so even though it was a technical role, there was a big focus on leadership and interpersonal skills as well.

Interview Questions

• They asked for examples of leadership. They also asked for examples of overcoming challenges.   1 Answer

Negotiation

You can always negotiate!

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE in July 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with a group of five people via an online conference. It lasted one hour. There are a few questions plus a job presentation. No feedback after a month.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE (Grand Rapids, MI) in March 2013.

Interview

A GE Recruiter contacted me by email after several online applications with GE. We arranged a time for him to call me for a phone interview/screening. He asked me a few behavioral questions which I thought I answered well. After not hearing for a few weeks, I contacted the recruiter. All he said is that he forwarded the information to the department. No word since.

Interview Questions

• He asked me a few behavioral questions which I thought I answered well.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Interview

Overall it was a good interview experience. First it was a phone interview going through the resume with some typical behavioral questions. The second interview was at GE, first hour with the position manager and the second hour with an engineer panel. Overall the questions were bahavioral with some technical questions related to the position.

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE (Louisville, KY) in January 2013.

Interview

Whole day interview with hiring manager, peer, HR. Have a lunch with team to see how you can be involved in a team and how do you interact with your teammates