GE Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 15, 2017

2.9

75 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE (San Ramon, CA).

Interview

called out for phone. it was a chit chat with the recruiter

after was a phone screening with an engineer. asked general questions about concepts

after i cleared that i went to onsite.
straightforward whiteboard and behavioral questions.
interviewers were more interested in my thought process than my answer.
the behavioral was more to gauge my interest in the product.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

phone interview followed by virtual video interview. this was the first time I experienced this type of interviewing. given a choice I would do it again as long as I knew enough about the place a priori.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

I obtained the interview during a conference so it was the next day after I talked to them. The person that interview was very nice and easy to talk to. Asked only behavioral question which was then followed by a phone interview a couple days later.

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE (Gainesville, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Spoke to recruiters at university and was given interview with hiring manager the next day. Interview was purely conversational with a few behavioral questions. Manager was friendly and seemed to have already decided who would be hired based on previous conversations with recruiters.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Applied at university career fair, talked with the employees for a few minutes and scheduled an interview the next day. The interview was fairly relaxed, mostly behavioral questions. I was asked questions about resume and working with teams. At the end of the interview, I was given the opportunity to ask questions about the company. Interview was at university career office.

Interview Questions

• What was one tome you disagreed with a team member and how did you resolve this issue?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

Normal process, a lot of talking with on-campus recruiters. I enjoyed the opportunity to interview with this company. I also found asking a lot of questions helpful to the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Interview

Overall it was a good interview experience. First it was a phone interview going through the resume with some typical behavioral questions. The second interview was at GE, first hour with the position manager and the second hour with an engineer panel. Overall the questions were bahavioral with some technical questions related to the position.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE in July 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with a group of five people via an online conference. It lasted one hour. There are a few questions plus a job presentation. No feedback after a month.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Cleveland, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

This interview was behavioral and was very helpful to gauge what GE was looking for in a candidate. The interviewer was kind and attentive and guided the interview well. During our conversation we talked not only about me, but about what the interviewer saw in the company and opportunities it created.

Interview Questions

• How have you been able to persuade a group of people to accomplish something you need accomplished?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GE in March 2015.

Interview

Quick, professional. Great company culture, awesome fellow coworkers, fun parties, great team building events. Ability to be exposed to a lot of situations and learn a ton. Depending on your role/department, advancement could be limitless. Benefits have gotten better but they are still lacking in some areas (401k matching)