GE Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 15, 2017

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

I obtained the interview during a conference so it was the next day after I talked to them. The person that interview was very nice and easy to talk to. Asked only behavioral question which was then followed by a phone interview a couple days later.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Engineer Interview

Interview

Normal process, a lot of talking with on-campus recruiters. I enjoyed the opportunity to interview with this company. I also found asking a lot of questions helpful to the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Interview

Overall it was a good interview experience. First it was a phone interview going through the resume with some typical behavioral questions. The second interview was at GE, first hour with the position manager and the second hour with an engineer panel. Overall the questions were bahavioral with some technical questions related to the position.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE in July 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with a group of five people via an online conference. It lasted one hour. There are a few questions plus a job presentation. No feedback after a month.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Cleveland, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

This interview was behavioral and was very helpful to gauge what GE was looking for in a candidate. The interviewer was kind and attentive and guided the interview well. During our conversation we talked not only about me, but about what the interviewer saw in the company and opportunities it created.

Interview Questions

• How have you been able to persuade a group of people to accomplish something you need accomplished?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GE in March 2015.

Interview

Quick, professional. Great company culture, awesome fellow coworkers, fun parties, great team building events. Ability to be exposed to a lot of situations and learn a ton. Depending on your role/department, advancement could be limitless. Benefits have gotten better but they are still lacking in some areas (401k matching)

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

The interview was very well organized and proficient. I had a phone interview in which I had to describe how my previous work experience can contribute to the department I'm interested in. I need to know a little bit more info on the job description to compare it to my current experience. The HM was patient and gave me a thorough description of the job and I was able to give him a how I can contribute to the team. No tough questions related to the technical aspect of the job

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Harrisburg, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

Met at school career fair. Interview next day on campus. Fairly easy - just reviewing your resume. Make sure you can talk about your past jobs / projects in detail using STAR method

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE (Grand Rapids, MI) in March 2013.

Interview

A GE Recruiter contacted me by email after several online applications with GE. We arranged a time for him to call me for a phone interview/screening. He asked me a few behavioral questions which I thought I answered well. After not hearing for a few weeks, I contacted the recruiter. All he said is that he forwarded the information to the department. No word since.

Interview Questions

• He asked me a few behavioral questions which I thought I answered well.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schenectady, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Schenectady, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me about the position since I am currently employed and not looking. He did a short screening with me and then I had to "apply" online. After that he sent me questions via email and had me answer them and then another phone interview with him. My answers to both the email questions and the phone screening were then sent to the hiring manager.

A couple of days later the recruiter called me back to say that the hiring manager wanted to have phone interview with me. Phone inteview with hiring manager was 30 minutes and he invited me on site for an interview.

The onsite interview was a full day of interviews starting at 11am and going past 5pm. Each hour was with a different person and one interview was during lunch (eat, talk, answer questions). Everyone was very nice, engaging, bright and focused. I personally had a great time meeting with everyone and discussing the vision and direction of the business.

No questions were out of the ordinary, the typical what are your strengths, weaknesses, greatest accomplishment, how would your supervisor describe you, are you techincal enough for the position and how so, etc. In the first interview he had me grab the dry erase pen and go up to the white board and in 8 minutes teach him about something.

Interview Questions

• Grab the dry erase marker and go up to the white board, in the next 8 minutes teach me about something, anything.   Answer Question