GE Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GE Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

68 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Washington, DC) in March 2011.

Interview

Recruiting, hiring and Interview process was long and difficult. All pre-employment phases were lengthy, difficult, tedious, tiring and represented a boring level of waiting for decisions and responses back. Lots of back and forth communications, phones calls, emails, etc. Long decision process, salary received was less than anticipated. I (personally) participated in many role model practice sessions and practice interview sessions, before the actual interview date arrived. Lots of online and interview preparatory research on my part, which allowed me to ace the phone screen and the 1st in person interview. The required drug test is a no-brainer, type pass, for a 100% drug free candidate.
 I was working in a different state, so the drive up was a little complicated, but overall the GE negotiations process was lengthy and tiresome. I think that much of it was unnecessary and a bit over the top. Lots of interview questions, tons of meet and greet events on the interview day. Many pre-employment promises made, many left unfilled after the initial hiring occurred. Intense competition for a few jobs, time was extremely limited for each candidate and it was very demanding and convoluted at times and during the whole process. Not something I would like to repeat in this life time. Professional dress, neatness and proper hygiene are absolutely required for a GE interview, shorts and sandals will not do, here. If the candidate smokes, do not do this immediately before the actual interview, it will be viewed as poor form. Professional ladies, too much makeup, heavy jewellery, visible tattoos and piercings, weird hair colours, sneakers, t-shirts, etc. will not be tolerated (think 1950's, female charm) . Interview lateness, is a no-no. An unkempt appearance is a no-no for a GE interview. Polish, poise and charm will win them over, every time.

Negotiation

Negotiation phase was a lengthy, difficult, tedious, tiring and a boring level of waiting for decisions and responses back. Lots of back and forth communications, phones calls, emails, etc. Long decision process, salary received was less than anticipated. I participated in many role model practice sessions and practice interview sessions, before the actual interview occurred. Lots of online and interview preparatory on my part, which allowed me to ace the phone screen and the 1st in person interview. The required drug test is a no-brainer passing score, for any one that is 100% drug free. GE only hires US citizens, so another no brainer for me. I was working in a different state, so the drive up was a little complicated, but overall the GE negotiations process was lengthy and tiresome. I think that much of it was unnecessary and a bit over the top.

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE (Hyderabad (India)) in March 2012.

Interview

Through a recruiter agency, i got intimation for Walkin interview. Same day Technical interview and HR interview. technical interview lasted for about 40 minutes and HR interview for about 15 minutes. Offer letter given on same day. The interview process completed within a day and it was good experience and icing on the cake was i got selected for the position.

Interview Questions

• Basics of Temperature & Pressure measurement on the technical side.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Interview

Overall it was a good interview experience. First it was a phone interview going through the resume with some typical behavioral questions. The second interview was at GE, first hour with the position manager and the second hour with an engineer panel. Overall the questions were bahavioral with some technical questions related to the position.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE in July 2011.

Interview

Hiring process was very tedious ,so many forms to fill .
    3 levels of interview 1 telephonic and 1techinical and 1 HR

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate,

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2011.

Interview

First Round--Technical with manager
    Second Round--Technical & Business with Senior managers
    Third round--HR

Interview Questions

• All Questions were moderate. But You need to be good in Basics.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They have fixed Salary range. If you ask less also they will give you more & if you ask more also they will give in that range only. No negotiations in that matter. They will be ready to drop you if u are not accepting the salary compensation.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Apodaca (Mexico)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Apodaca (Mexico)) in March 2012.

Interview

I attached curriculum file, personal interview, onlines test, technical interview, interview with manager, final proposal.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to quit in your current job?   1 Answer
    • What is your interest in our company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Try to review technical knowledge of school.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Hyderabad (India)) in October 2011.

Interview

The company members were looking for people with high technical and team skills to work in as the einstein undergraduate trainee. The position involved 3 years of training and it also involved 2 rounds of tests.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Atlanta, GA) in October 2010.

Interview

list of 10-15 behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• what experience do you have in coordinating or leading activities for over 12 months   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Charleston, SC) in June 2009.

Interview

Mostly very specific research and engineering questions

Interview Questions

• What is a class static function   1 Answer

Negotiation

It is a good place to work in

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schenectady, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Schenectady, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

I initially applied either through GE's own site or Indeed. Initially contacted by phone. I was bit confused about the position since the title of the position was for one thing but when I arrived for an interview it was for a different product. Although both involved manufacturing engineering it threw me a bit in the interview. The interview involved touring the grounds while being asked questions which involved basic problem solving and questions that someone with the required background would know. Facilities seemed typical for the position and employees were friendly. Offices were a bit dreary, no windows, cubicle farm. The interviewer was very polite and knowledgeable and answered all my questions. Also answered follow up questions after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Various questions about things outside my field of study   Answer Question