GE Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 20, 2017

2.9

76 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GE in March 2015.

Interview

Quick, professional. Great company culture, awesome fellow coworkers, fun parties, great team building events. Ability to be exposed to a lot of situations and learn a ton. Depending on your role/department, advancement could be limitless. Benefits have gotten better but they are still lacking in some areas (401k matching)

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

I spoke with recruiters at a career fair. After speaking with the recruiters I was offered an interview later that day. I interviewed with a current employee. The interview was pretty basic. A short while later that day I was called and given an offer. After accepting, I was able to choose the location that I wanted to work at based off of all of the GE Transportation sites. Housing was provided and secured by HR.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

The interview was very well organized and proficient. I had a phone interview in which I had to describe how my previous work experience can contribute to the department I'm interested in. I need to know a little bit more info on the job description to compare it to my current experience. The HM was patient and gave me a thorough description of the job and I was able to give him a how I can contribute to the team. No tough questions related to the technical aspect of the job

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE in November 2014.

Interview

Applied through Indeed. Heard back in about a week directly from the hiring manager. Several phone calls directly with the hiring manager and team members. Phone calls focused on skills--was not a behavioral interview. Did ask for current salary which I declined to provide.

Invited to on-site interview with HR arranging for payment of travel costs and hotel. 4 hour on-site interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Harrisburg, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

Met at school career fair. Interview next day on campus. Fairly easy - just reviewing your resume. Make sure you can talk about your past jobs / projects in detail using STAR method

Engineer Interview

Interview

Pleasant and easy going conversations, three different groups of two interviewed at three different times, HR and hiring manager and a few of their peers, they got back to me quick in terms of the response, I just had many other offers to choose from at the time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GE (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process is OK. Not as technical driven as I was expected. Some questions on behavioral driven questions and some on experience of leading projects. The interviewer was OK, not smile a lot but as least he pretends to be a good listener. Overall, this is a OK interview experience.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Apply through monster.com. Contacted for a telephone interview. After the telephone interview, been asked for an on sight interview.

Interview Questions

• Mostly technical. Some questions regarding expectation from the senior managers and HR.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

interview process was straight forward and well laid out. I met with three other people including the hiring manager. they told me about their company and asked me about myself. the position was that of an engineer and they laid out the job description in detail. the team was great and the working hours were flexible. the salary was good too.

Interview Questions

i got another better offer.

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE (College Station, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

Started with an initial email and then followed with a phone interview. The phone interview only last about 10 minutes, with a few email chains asking about location options. A few days later, an HR representative presented a few location options for the internship. Once I gave a few options, an offer letter was sent within a few days.

Interview Questions

• Explain the leadership positions held in past experiences   Answer Question