GE Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GE Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 14, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GE (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process is OK. Not as technical driven as I was expected. Some questions on behavioral driven questions and some on experience of leading projects. The interviewer was OK, not smile a lot but as least he pretends to be a good listener. Overall, this is a OK interview experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Apply through monster.com. Contacted for a telephone interview. After the telephone interview, been asked for an on sight interview.

Interview Questions

• Mostly technical. Some questions regarding expectation from the senior managers and HR.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

interview process was straight forward and well laid out. I met with three other people including the hiring manager. they told me about their company and asked me about myself. the position was that of an engineer and they laid out the job description in detail. the team was great and the working hours were flexible. the salary was good too.

Interview Questions

i got another better offer.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE (College Station, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

Started with an initial email and then followed with a phone interview. The phone interview only last about 10 minutes, with a few email chains asking about location options. A few days later, an HR representative presented a few location options for the internship. Once I gave a few options, an offer letter was sent within a few days.

Interview Questions

• Explain the leadership positions held in past experiences   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE (Grand Rapids, MI) in March 2013.

Interview

A GE Recruiter contacted me by email after several online applications with GE. We arranged a time for him to call me for a phone interview/screening. He asked me a few behavioral questions which I thought I answered well. After not hearing for a few weeks, I contacted the recruiter. All he said is that he forwarded the information to the department. No word since.

Interview Questions

• He asked me a few behavioral questions which I thought I answered well.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE (Louisville, KY) in January 2013.

Interview

Whole day interview with hiring manager, peer, HR. Have a lunch with team to see how you can be involved in a team and how do you interact with your teammates

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schenectady, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Schenectady, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me about the position since I am currently employed and not looking. He did a short screening with me and then I had to "apply" online. After that he sent me questions via email and had me answer them and then another phone interview with him. My answers to both the email questions and the phone screening were then sent to the hiring manager.

A couple of days later the recruiter called me back to say that the hiring manager wanted to have phone interview with me. Phone inteview with hiring manager was 30 minutes and he invited me on site for an interview.

The onsite interview was a full day of interviews starting at 11am and going past 5pm. Each hour was with a different person and one interview was during lunch (eat, talk, answer questions). Everyone was very nice, engaging, bright and focused. I personally had a great time meeting with everyone and discussing the vision and direction of the business.

No questions were out of the ordinary, the typical what are your strengths, weaknesses, greatest accomplishment, how would your supervisor describe you, are you techincal enough for the position and how so, etc. In the first interview he had me grab the dry erase pen and go up to the white board and in 8 minutes teach him about something.

Interview Questions

• Grab the dry erase marker and go up to the white board, in the next 8 minutes teach me about something, anything.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE in March 2012.

Interview

There were initially three phone interviews. I was then requested to fly down for a face to face interview with multiple people. The interviews lasted all day long.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Erie, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GE (Erie, PA) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview was a very pleasurable process. Got selected from just talking to a representative at a career fair. Was then offered an interview. Talked to the interviewer for about an hour. He asked me questions ranging from what my favorite movie was to other technical questions. It was very nice. Then was offered a position.

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at GE (Louisville, KY) in October 2011.

Interview

Called for an on campus interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A