GE Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GE Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

68 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at GE (Louisville, KY) in October 2011.

Interview

Called for an on campus interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Anonymous Employee in Troy, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Troy, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview process was very structured. It was very clear they had put a lot of thought into how they were engaging and reviewing candidates. I was interviewing for a leadership program, so even though it was a technical role, there was a big focus on leadership and interpersonal skills as well.

Interview Questions

• They asked for examples of leadership. They also asked for examples of overcoming challenges.   1 Answer

Negotiation

You can always negotiate!

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Washington, DC) in March 2011.

Interview

Recruiting, hiring and Interview process was long and difficult. All pre-employment phases were lengthy, difficult, tedious, tiring and represented a boring level of waiting for decisions and responses back. Lots of back and forth communications, phones calls, emails, etc. Long decision process, salary received was less than anticipated. I (personally) participated in many role model practice sessions and practice interview sessions, before the actual interview date arrived. Lots of online and interview preparatory research on my part, which allowed me to ace the phone screen and the 1st in person interview. The required drug test is a no-brainer, type pass, for a 100% drug free candidate.
     I was working in a different state, so the drive up was a little complicated, but overall the GE negotiations process was lengthy and tiresome. I think that much of it was unnecessary and a bit over the top. Lots of interview questions, tons of meet and greet events on the interview day. Many pre-employment promises made, many left unfilled after the initial hiring occurred. Intense competition for a few jobs, time was extremely limited for each candidate and it was very demanding and convoluted at times and during the whole process. Not something I would like to repeat in this life time. Professional dress, neatness and proper hygiene are absolutely required for a GE interview, shorts and sandals will not do, here. If the candidate smokes, do not do this immediately before the actual interview, it will be viewed as poor form. Professional ladies, too much makeup, heavy jewellery, visible tattoos and piercings, weird hair colours, sneakers, t-shirts, etc. will not be tolerated (think 1950's, female charm) . Interview lateness, is a no-no. An unkempt appearance is a no-no for a GE interview. Polish, poise and charm will win them over, every time.

Negotiation

Negotiation phase was a lengthy, difficult, tedious, tiring and a boring level of waiting for decisions and responses back. Lots of back and forth communications, phones calls, emails, etc. Long decision process, salary received was less than anticipated. I participated in many role model practice sessions and practice interview sessions, before the actual interview occurred. Lots of online and interview preparatory on my part, which allowed me to ace the phone screen and the 1st in person interview. The required drug test is a no-brainer passing score, for any one that is 100% drug free. GE only hires US citizens, so another no brainer for me. I was working in a different state, so the drive up was a little complicated, but overall the GE negotiations process was lengthy and tiresome. I think that much of it was unnecessary and a bit over the top.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2011.

Interview

on campus interview. single person. nice guy, all questions were of the "tell me a time when" variety. i mostly made stuff up.

Interview Questions

job wasnt where i wanted to be

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Atlanta, GA) in October 2010.

Interview

list of 10-15 behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• what experience do you have in coordinating or leading activities for over 12 months   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schenectady, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Schenectady, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

I initially applied either through GE's own site or Indeed. Initially contacted by phone. I was bit confused about the position since the title of the position was for one thing but when I arrived for an interview it was for a different product. Although both involved manufacturing engineering it threw me a bit in the interview. The interview involved touring the grounds while being asked questions which involved basic problem solving and questions that someone with the required background would know. Facilities seemed typical for the position and employees were friendly. Offices were a bit dreary, no windows, cubicle farm. The interviewer was very polite and knowledgeable and answered all my questions. Also answered follow up questions after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Various questions about things outside my field of study   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elko, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Elko, NV) in April 2010.

Interview

As as prospective employee, I was very curious to learn more about the company and what opportunities it had to offer. The interviewers were monotone, uninformative and seemed less than excited to be representing General Electric. The interview went quite well and there's no doubt in my mind that I would have been offered a job had I had any desire to follow up after experiencing such lack of positive representation; which is too bad because GE is a company I was very excited to interview with.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE in October 2009.

Interview

Contacted by HR with basic questions sort of a phone filter - did not know anything about facilities or position. Then contacted by Manager for 1:1 phone interview about 2 weeks later. Interview was less than 1/2 hour and I was asked availabilty for a follow up in person. Manager seemed knowlegable. I was not available the during the suggested time. Have not heard back

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you have to explain technical information to a non-technical person.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Charleston, SC) in June 2009.

Interview

Mostly very specific research and engineering questions

Interview Questions

• What is a class static function   1 Answer

Negotiation

It is a good place to work in

Engineering Interview

Interview

Online cv and cover letter. 3 questions about motivation. Online psychometric test. Online character assessment. Recorded video interview. Last stage fave to face interview.

Very friendly interview and the atmosphere was