GE FMP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 30, 2017

2.9

45 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

FMP Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

The interview was most behavioral questions. Very nice conversation. It lasted for half an hour for the phone interview. Second round was an online test and third round was finance manager interview.

Interview Questions

• biggest strength; what do you know about corporate finance? Why fmp not big four?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for GE

FMP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Once i sent in my application, it took a few weeks to hear back. Had first interview with a GE recruiter who asks a bunch of behavioral questions and experience questions, etc. Then a few weeks later I heard back from a specific GE company, GE Power who called me and asked some basic questions. Then about a week later i received my formal offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE (Bloomington, IN) in February 2017.

Interview

I was a late addition to the interview schedule because I networked with an alumni at my school who reached out to the individual at GE who was scheduling the interviews. The guy I interviewed with who oversaw the FMP program wrote me off from the beginning because I wasn't originally selected.

Interview Questions

• What is something you are passionate about?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE (New York, NY).

Interview

On campus interview. I did not make it past the first round but it was very behavioral. Very nice interviewers. I have heard the program is very hard but rewarding

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Attended several recruiting events on-campus, interviewed with a GE executive and heard back the next day that I had received an offer. Process of being placed into a particular business took awhile which was sort of annoying.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at GE (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Consisted of 3 interviews. One over the phone with HR, two face to face interviews with upper management. All interview were conducted in GE offices in Houston TX. They lasted 10 to 30 minutes, interviewers seemed pretty disinterested.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you developed a process that saved GE time or money.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE (Louisville, KY) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward as well as very welcoming. They always seemed genuinely interested in finding out more about me and my career goals. I received an initial phone screening that lasted about 10 or 15 minutes, and two weeks later I was contacted for a 1 on 1 interview. The 1 on 1 lasted about 45 minutes and consisted of mostly behavioral questions and going over points on my resume. Two weeks after the interview I was called and given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.
      Are you more of a team player or do you prefer individual work?   Answer Question

FMP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Interview questions were very behavioral based. I was interviewed on campus and it was more a conversation back and forth rather than question-answer. They want to see that you are enthusiastic, smart, and a clear thinker

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Cleveland, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through employee referral. interviewed with a CFO and an HR person. very easy, straight-forward behavior interview. Just want to know why finance and why GE. After the phone interview they said they would connect with me the next week. Two weeks later they called me back telling me this was an overly competitive year and they couldn't offer me a position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Chapel Hill, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions. They did ask why should we higher you at the end of the interview which is a difficult question to answer. Otherwise its pretty straight forward. They will not ask any technical questions at least not during the internship interview.