GE Field Service Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GE Field Service Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at GE

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

GE's HR personnel seemed very nice, but the hiring managers seem very picky, even if you have experience in a similar Field Service role. The interview seemed very short and the interviewer seemed disinterested after finding out I didn't have a significant amount of experience using certain specialized testing equipment. Be prepared to be answer in-depth questions from the very beginning of the interview. It appears the applicant needs to have most of what GE is looking for before deciding to apply or you may just be wasting your time going through the process. You may also have to wait a while before actually interviewing with the hiring manager(s).

Interview Questions

• I was asked what electronics testing equipment I have used and for how long etc. etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GE (Chicago, IL) in March 2008.

Interview

I was first interviewed on campus when I was in undergrad. I then was flown to Chicago where I interviewed all day with about six managerial types in this part of the business. All of the interviews were behavioral and were aimed at determining if I was a good fit. They asked a lot of questions about what I did in my free time.

Field Service Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Contacted by GE recruiter, followed by phone interview, followed by in person interview. Interviewers were easy to communicate with and talk to. Technical and behavior questions were both asked.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Seattle, WA) in October 2013.

Interview

Basic electronics questions, some optics related questions. Problem solving and culture fit questions.Different managers took time to meet with me individually and discuss expectations on travel, company policies and directives. Met with HR to discuss pay and benefits.

Interview Questions

• Many questions related to electronics trouble shooting.   1 Answer

Field Service Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Interview was conducted by 3 managers. It lasted about 15 minutes. They asked me to talk a little bit about myself to start off. The rest of the interview was pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what would I do if a screwdriver charger was not working properly.   1 Answer

Field Service Engineer Interview

Interview

Had over the phone meeting then had face to face meeting . The face to face meeting was very casual and the manager conducting the meeting was extremely nice.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to this job? Are you willing to travel? What is your experience with switchgear?   Answer Question

Field Service Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Face to face interview with the National Business Manager with HR via tcon. Usual interview questions. Nothing too in depth. Behavioural and situational type questions with specific examples, lessons learned etc

Field Service Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE in August 2015.

Interview

I had an email scheduling a day for phone interview and the interview took place on the said day for 35 minutes.I was invited to an assessment center for a test, a group assignment, a presentation and an interview with Technical guys and HR

Interview Questions

• Tell us something about yourself that fits you for this role   Answer Question

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Istanbul (Turkey)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Istanbul (Turkey)) in May 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed in 2010 for GE field service engineer position in Ankara /Turkiye. I applied through a 3rd party career website and called by GE HR. I had talked with HR on phone regarding the position requirements and my experience. Then face to face interview with department manager and senior engineer with HR. A test was given to measure my technical knowledge. It was based on scenarios related to technical problems and i was asked to solve them correctly. After all was completed i was interviewed by country HR director as well.

I am informed that i am on the short list after 3-4 weeks and an offer given after 8 weeks.

Also you need to know that when you accepted the offer it was not finished. You have to pass Kroll check phase. All of your CV/Background/ Experience are investigated for accuracy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was not negotiable.

Field Service Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at GE in April 2012.

Interview

Very friendly