GE Finance Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GE Finance Analyst Interview Questions

Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Danbury, CT) in April 2012.

Interview

3 interviews over 3 weeks

(1) Phone interview with external HR. This is normally a 30-min interview but mine was cut short because the hiring manager saw my resume and was keen on meeting me. I had a phone screen for a different GE position and the questions were very geared towards the position to make sure that you can perform the job.

(2) In-house interview: 45-minute interviews with 5 individuals. Some interviews ran over so it was almost a 5-hour process. All behavioral questions as the interviewers were looking for a fit. I have a CPA and an MBA so they probably assumed that I know the technical accounting/finance stuff. Some questions include:
- Tell me about yourself?
- Why GE?
- Why this position?
- Strengths & weakness?
- Tell me a time when... ?

(3) Phone interview with GE's internal HR. 30-min phone interviews. Covered more behavioral questions and compensation expectations. Some questions include:
- Apart from learning the GE lingo and getting up to speed on how things are done at GE, what do you think will be the biggest challenge if you were to start this position?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated my base salary. It doesn't hurt to ask once. But I got the sense that GE does not normally engage in compensation negotiations.

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Danbury, CT) in February 2011.

Interview

Meet and greet with bunch of managers. they went over the process and was just excited that I was interviewing for the role as I was overqualified. They asked me standard questions about my past and if I really wanted to do the role.

Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Piscataway, NJ) in June 2010.

Interview

I was an internal candidate. I sent an email to the hiring manager, requesting an informational interview to learn more about the position. We both agreed that it was a potentially a mutual match. I formally applied online and was notified within a week that I would have an in-person interview. I interviewed with 3 people total, focusing on my background/work experience, fit with the position and the division, and a brainteaser-type case.

Interview Questions

• How many traffic lights are there in Houson?   4 Answers

Negotiation

Wasn't able to get anything additional.