GE Finance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GE Finance Interview Questions

Interviews at GE

2.7

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

interview was short and quick. Was interviewed by main manager and went through couple of basic questions. Not too difficult or anything intimidating, overall easy and unexpected to get the job

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Cleveland, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online in March and received the telephone from the department manager in May. After the phone interview, I received the notification to make into the second round interview in a week. and I heard back from the manager just one day after the on-site interview. the whole process went pretty fast.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GE (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Phone Screen. Behavior questions and resume walkthrough. Site interview. 3 30-minute interviews that were mostly behavior, some very question based and the last interview a casual conversation about what I was expecting in my internship. All very behavior based with the exception of some "do you know how to do..." in each interview, questioning whether or not I knew how to do certain things. Everyone was very friendly and upbeat.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you use your team to overcome a challenge you couldnt do alone.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Tallahassee, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

I got an interview for a Finance Internship position, after talking to the campus recruiters at a career fair organized by our school in Florida. The interview was average. The recruiter asked me a few behavioral questions, and the interview lasted for 35mins.

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at GE (Louisville, KY) in November 2013.

Interview

After you apply online you receive a call from the HR department wanting to set up an interview. On interview day you will interview with an HR person, and both heads of the intern program separately. They were 30 minute interviews each. The interviews are casual and they ask what related classes you have taken and when you graduate. Then they ask your typical interview questions (strengths and weaknesses). Then they ask scenario based questions.

Interview Questions

• What previous experience have you had working with a team on solving problems as a team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Louisville, KY) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied for the internship on a whim and got the interview. It was a very laid back process. I met with one of the finance intern leaders and the HR manager for the finance side of things. They were both welcoming and very friendly. I know some of the full time positions have half day long interview schedules where you meet with multiple people to determine if you're a good fit.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have working with spreadsheets and sorting/analyzing data?   Answer Question
    • Are you aware of the looming acquisition of the Appliance side of GE?   1 Answer
    • What do you intend to gain from this internship?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE in March 2013.

Interview

Long and intense took several weeks and multiple interviews lots of questions and many people to interview with, was not a quick process. Be prepared to interview with multiple people.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Phone screen, panel interview
    Took up to 2 months/hr phone interview, then 2 weeks later another phone interview with direct manager then onsite interviews with panel and 1:1.. behavioral question, situational questions, resume review

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

In my experience there is no standard process at GE although all the interviews I have attended are heavily focused on the behavioral side of the applicant. Finding the right fit is crucial for this large organisation so you will be asked to provide examples in almost every question. There may be technical questions but in general it is assumed that if you have the correct degree you would know your subject matter.

Depending on the business and location the hiring process can be incredibly thorough and intrusive.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Applied online, received a call a week later from HR asking quick motivation questions and asked for a more formal phone interview in 4 days time with her.
    Was called directly by the manager asking a few motivation questions, strengths/weaknesses and how I would change the driving side in the uk and to go through the whole process with her.

Interview Questions

• Find a strength from my weakness and how ge could help me develop it   Answer Question

she said there was no space for error and i am still in school and need to learn.