GE Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GE Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Dec 30, 2016

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online through GE portal and received an interview within a week. HR was courteous, professional and brief about the job requirements. Downside of the interview was HR was not sure of the hiring manager requirements.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest strength and how you can utilize that skill to make an impact on this job.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GE (South Bend, IN) in November 2014.

Interview

We met for a information session the night before the interview, where students had face-time w/ 2-3 employees. Very fake and rife w/ students trying to show off their "love" for GE. Next day had a 30 minute behavioral interview, w/ typical big company questions. Didn't even hear a response from the company after the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

what are your biggest weaknesses? Think honestly about them because if you can identify them, you are on the first step toward accelerating your movement forward. So think about them, write them down, and look at them frequently.

Interview Questions

• what are your biggest weaknesses?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GE (Atlanta, GA) in July 2008.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty lengthy. I was contacted by the FMP program manager for a phone screen. We pretty much went over my resume and experiences. I was then told I would be contacted within the week about a second round interview. THREE WEEKS LATER, I receive an email congratulating me on making it to the second round. During the second round interview, I flew down to Atlanta and met with the program coordinator and 3 other finance professionals. We mostly discussed my experience and extracurricular activities. A couple of interviewers asked behavioral based questions. 1 week later, an offer was extended.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation on the terms of the offer, had 2 weeks to accept.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Paris (France)) in June 2016.

Interview

It was an easy interview. There was one round of phone interview and one test. Mainly about Excel and SQL. The test is done on GE's platform and to be honest, the platform performed poorly. The test questions are not so clear, so be careful to read the questions. It took me one week for the next round.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Through a university fair - submit cv and a motivation letter, then some candidates were selected for an interview. Interviews were held in person, by CFO or a member of financial analysis team. It was quite informal

Interview Questions

• About personal stuff, like tell me more about your home country   Answer Question

Negotiation

It did not take place in my case

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE (London, England (UK)).

Interview

After completing the online application I received a phone interview. I was asked: What I knew about GE, Why I wanted to work for GE? Why Finance?, My CV, and a number of competency questions (tell me about a time when you ........ had to use initiative, influenced a group, made a mistake etc.)

Interview Questions

• I was asked to list my competency's before i was asked the competency questions.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2012.

Interview

I had researched the interviewer beforehand on Linkedin but it turned out to be a different person for some reason. Other than that, it was a very smooth process. We talked about the company, an overview of my experience, and why I was interested, and then we went through a document full of behavioural interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your leadership style? What is something that you're bad at?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at GE in February 2012.

Interview

It all started when I got the phone call from the HR guy. It was a general offer of a phone interview at my free time, by which they basically ask random questions to test on the communication skills. Following that, I passed. Next step was a 1 to 1 interview by the Finance Manager by which I was asked many questions on my field, Finance. Was tested on my skills particularly on this. Following that was a group interview conducted by the CFO as well as the Regional HR manager. Many questions were asked. It came down to soft skills where IT integration was a part of it. The people in the office are rather friendly, they help you depending on what you would like, offering coffee, cake. The office is rather big, rather comfortable working environment to work in. The final verdict was an offer to join the company. The work culture here is simply good values. We've got a humble culture, respect and be respected. You are required to work hard, but also play hard.

Advice :
    1) Do come in prepared on what position you are in for. Be very prepared. You must know everything about what you are required to do. If you don't know, ask. They don't bite. They will feel that you want to know something and you have the 'balls' to ask. If you sit, silent, you will never know and might not get the job, rather appearing stupid.

2) DO NOT EVER COME LATE!
         Come in ahead of time. Do go to the washroom, freshen up.

3) Do not lie. They know. If they don't, trust me, they will. And nobody likes a liar.

4) If you don't know something, get the knowledge by whatever means necessary. Worst case scenario, ask.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GE in February 2012.

Interview

Skype . Interview based on resume explanation. Then ,some questions about team player attitude. The operational was very friendly.