GE Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GE Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at GE

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

what are your biggest weaknesses? Think honestly about them because if you can identify them, you are on the first step toward accelerating your movement forward. So think about them, write them down, and look at them frequently.

Interview Questions

• what are your biggest weaknesses?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GE (Atlanta, GA) in July 2008.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty lengthy. I was contacted by the FMP program manager for a phone screen. We pretty much went over my resume and experiences. I was then told I would be contacted within the week about a second round interview. THREE WEEKS LATER, I receive an email congratulating me on making it to the second round. During the second round interview, I flew down to Atlanta and met with the program coordinator and 3 other finance professionals. We mostly discussed my experience and extracurricular activities. A couple of interviewers asked behavioral based questions. 1 week later, an offer was extended.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation on the terms of the offer, had 2 weeks to accept.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GE (South Bend, IN) in November 2014.

Interview

We met for a information session the night before the interview, where students had face-time w/ 2-3 employees. Very fake and rife w/ students trying to show off their "love" for GE. Next day had a 30 minute behavioral interview, w/ typical big company questions. Didn't even hear a response from the company after the interview.

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online through GE portal and received an interview within a week. HR was courteous, professional and brief about the job requirements. Downside of the interview was HR was not sure of the hiring manager requirements.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest strength and how you can utilize that skill to make an impact on this job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Cincinnati, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was super straight forward and direct to the point. There was a behavioral interview first then a more technical interview relating to my field of finance however there weren't any difficult questions thrown around.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced adversity at school   Answer Question

GE Response

Jan 11, 2019 – Employment Branding Partner

We appreciate the time you took to interview with us and are glad that you found the experience positive. We hope you'll share more about your experience working with us in the future.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

Job was found on school's recruiting website. Initially did a fit interview with an HR recruiter. Second round was at location of the office, about an hour away. Did a fit and slightly technical interview with a manager who was rather rude. Had no idea whether I did well or not. Later received the offer. Entire process was about a month.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at general electric?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE (Stamford, CT).

Interview

Initially had a phone call with a manager. Then moved into second round onsite in CT. This considered of 4 Interviews, one that focused on technical (financial) questions and three behavioral.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE (London, England (UK)).

Interview

After completing the online application I received a phone interview. I was asked: What I knew about GE, Why I wanted to work for GE? Why Finance?, My CV, and a number of competency questions (tell me about a time when you ........ had to use initiative, influenced a group, made a mistake etc.)

Interview Questions

• I was asked to list my competency's before i was asked the competency questions.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in January 2012.

Interview

Interviewers were looking for accounting person, not a finance person.
    Asked some journal entry questions and behavioral questions.
    They didn't see my CFA level 1 as an asset, but rather sign of interest in finance, not accounting.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at GE in February 2012.

Interview

It all started when I got the phone call from the HR guy. It was a general offer of a phone interview at my free time, by which they basically ask random questions to test on the communication skills. Following that, I passed. Next step was a 1 to 1 interview by the Finance Manager by which I was asked many questions on my field, Finance. Was tested on my skills particularly on this. Following that was a group interview conducted by the CFO as well as the Regional HR manager. Many questions were asked. It came down to soft skills where IT integration was a part of it. The people in the office are rather friendly, they help you depending on what you would like, offering coffee, cake. The office is rather big, rather comfortable working environment to work in. The final verdict was an offer to join the company. The work culture here is simply good values. We've got a humble culture, respect and be respected. You are required to work hard, but also play hard.

Advice :
    1) Do come in prepared on what position you are in for. Be very prepared. You must know everything about what you are required to do. If you don't know, ask. They don't bite. They will feel that you want to know something and you have the 'balls' to ask. If you sit, silent, you will never know and might not get the job, rather appearing stupid.

2) DO NOT EVER COME LATE!
         Come in ahead of time. Do go to the washroom, freshen up.

3) Do not lie. They know. If they don't, trust me, they will. And nobody likes a liar.

4) If you don't know something, get the knowledge by whatever means necessary. Worst case scenario, ask.