GE Global Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GE Global Research Interview Questions

Updated Oct 26, 2017

3.2

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Global Research.

Interview

Technical talk, technical interview, behavioral interview, HR interview, 1-over-1, manager
    Process was relatively straightforward. It was described to me earlier and stayed on course. Company paid for interview expenses. Technical and behavioral interviews were harder than the others, but that was expected.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Niskayuna, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE Global Research (Niskayuna, NY).

Interview

Two phone screens followed by an onsite interview. My interview panel asked a good number of technical questions, some of which I couldn't answer. This is to be expected given the nature of the job I interviewed for. It was the most difficult of the interviews I had at the time. If it was too easy it probably would have turned me away.

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GE Global Research.

Interview

I applied for the position online but didn't hear anything for about two months. I then went through an initial phone screen with HR that was pretty basic. The next step was a technical phone/computer interview with the lab manager. I was warned before hand that this lab was very selective and had a very difficult technical screen, it did not disappoint.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to come up with a solution for a difficult programming problem. This was not your typical interview/programming problem that has a definitive solution, it was a somewhat realistic problem that did not have a single correct answer.   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Global Research (College Station, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Two interviewers. 1. Hiring manager called me and ask for some behavior questions and simple technique questions. 2. Hiring manager asked me to make a presentation and asked some questions. The second interview took 1 hr.

Interview Questions

• Behavior questions like how to manage deadline? What are you good at?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE Global Research (Albany, NY).

Interview

2 technical interviews; not very difficult
    1 HR interview; mostly concerned about integrity
    1 manager interview; mostly concerned work-outlook and long-term interest
    1 senior manager intervie; mostly concerned work-outlook and long-term interest
    Travel/accommodation during interview sponsored by GE

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not in a position to negotiate.

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niskayuna, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Global Research (Niskayuna, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Easy set-up with HR. The hiring manager's and her boss were very unprofessional and it felt as if they were doing me a favor by "allowing" me to interview. Manager had trouble explaining the finance ERP and other systems . The hiring manager's boss was trying to gauge how "useful" I could be to the manager and refused to answer some of my questions. My own manager advised me to not take any offer as many previous FMPs gave negative feedback.

Interview Questions

• If we offered you this position, how long would you wish to stay?   Answer Question
    • Do you plan on starting a family anytime soon?   Answer Question
    • Do you live in the Niskayuna School district?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Niskayuna, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE Global Research (Niskayuna, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview centers around my own research and course experiences. I am asked about my previous research projects. Since the position is about machine learning, I am also asked about my experiences with machine learning and computational inference.

Interview Questions

• What have you learned about detection and estimation, machine learning, etc.?   1 Answer

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schenectady, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GE Global Research (Schenectady, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by the HR over the phone to set up a time for phone interview. The phone interview was easy and conducted by two employees. One being my supervisor and other from HR. The phone interview took about 30 mins. After the phone interview, I was called for an on-site interview. All the travel and hotel instructions were emailed to me. There were 4 interviews conducted on this day. Two interviews by Manager and two by the Head of Department.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to my past experience, projects, rewards and other leadership experiences.   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Interview

first round phone interview, and then one full day onsite interview, which typically includes an one-hour job talk about your previous research experience, then followed by several one-on-one interview with the team members.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE Global Research in May 2015.

Interview

I got an interview call when I applied online. After getting an interview call I was interviewed by 3 people via a conference call. The Interview went great but I did not hear back from them for like 2-3 months. Finally, after summer got over I assumed that I got a reject from GE Global research.