GE Global Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at GE Global Research

3.2

Sort:

Computer Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Global Research.

Interview

Had a phone interview and asked questions related to my computational experience and phd research project.

Interview Questions

• How efficient are you when it comes to developing models? what's most challenging task you have seen so far   1 Answer

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Niskayuna, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Global Research (Niskayuna, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

Usually works through referrals. I knew somebody working there who forwarded my resume. One phone call by the hiring manager. One technical phone interview. Then on site. Day started with one hour technical interview. Discussion type questions trying to check if you know your stuff. Not brain cracking puzzles. Then give a presentation on your previous work and projects. Here they test you throughly and you do get a handful of questions in a room full of 10-12 people. If you know your stuff, you would generally be okay. Then meet with manger and discuss the position in detail. Then meet with manager's manager. If these are technically strong they might test you thoroughly. Mine did. Then meet with 4-5 researchers for half and hour each. Then two one hour long behavioral interviews trying to see if you fit in the culture. Then meet with the immediate group you would be working with. Then hr interview. And then gone. Usually get back to you in a week. Mine did in less than a day. It's a good streamline process they have.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral questions. And why you want to work for the company types questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much. When hr ask for salary, give a high requirement. Then easier to negotiate. They don't give any other perks to high salary is crucial.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Niskayuna, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE Global Research (Niskayuna, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

I was contacted via email for a position to which I had not applied, but they had my resume on file from a previous application. First I was screened via a phone interview, during which the supervisor explained the position and asked me about my career and extracurricular interests, and the classes that I had taken - nothing technical. I was asked to come interview on-site at the research center campus in Niskayuna, NY. I had to bring photo-identification to get through security. I was interviewed by my direct supervisor and his leading subordinate (who was very kind, but clearly there because he was asked and not because I was interested in the interview process). The supervisor was very enthusiastic, interested and asked several behavioral questions. He asked me to give an example for times that I demonstrated some key skills, like resourcefulness/innovation. He asked about how I thought my background aligned with the position. The interview process took about 1-1.5 hours and was very smooth, relaxed, and almost fun. No technical questions were asked, but the EHS intern job wasn't a very technical job. From what I saw at GE-GRC, GE has a lot of great managers (knowledgeable, practical, empathetic, organizational savvy) that make the interviewing process as least-painful as they can.

Interview Questions

• He asked to give examples of times I showed certain skills, like resourcefulness, approach to problem solving/critical thinking. He asked about a conflict within an organization or team and the end result.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Maybe because I was a sophomore in college, but I didn't even think to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GE Global Research (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I worked at GE global research as a summer intern. The manager is satisfied with my work, and would like to hire me. She step down after the intern, but told me she will try very hard to help with my job application. Unfortunately, the new manager had different opinions. I applied online, internal reference, went there for on site interview. It took a day, people are very technical there. You will make a technical presentation, and talk to manager, group members and finally HR. Few behavior questions. They canceled the opening after long time waiting.

Anonymous Employee in Niskayuna, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE Global Research (Niskayuna, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

p h o n e i n t e r v i e w --- o n s i t e --- o f f e r n e g o t i a t i o n

Anonymous Employee in Niskayuna, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE Global Research (Niskayuna, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter which lead to a phone interview for this contract position. They hired me based solely on the phone interview which should have been a red flag. It turns out they had brought in a couple people before me who didn't work out and they got tired of the whole interview process.

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Global Research.

Interview

Technical talk, technical interview, behavioral interview, HR interview, 1-over-1, manager
    Process was relatively straightforward. It was described to me earlier and stayed on course. Company paid for interview expenses. Technical and behavioral interviews were harder than the others, but that was expected.

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niskayuna, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE Global Research (Niskayuna, NY).

Interview

Interview process was long and consisted of a phone screening followed by an in-person interview. The in-person interview consisted of a 1.5 hour technical talk along with half a dozen 30 minute interviews and took from 730am to 330pm. It was a long day where I was asked a lot of questions but it was handled well and very professionally. I was offered a job the next morning so the response time was very quick.

Interview Questions

• Would you be happy not working on your area of expertise.   1 Answer

Salary was too low, did not justify leaving current position. GRC's salaries are not on par with other top-notch research institutions such as the National Labs or space or oil-sector research groups. Albany has a reasonable cost of living which makes up some for that.

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Niskayuna, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GE Global Research (Niskayuna, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

one day, technical plus non-technical sessions with seminar

Interview Questions

Negotiation

i did not negotiate, took offer

Lead Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schenectady, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GE Global Research (Schenectady, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

phone screen, on site and got the offer 2 days later in fedex

Interview Questions

• most of them are research topic specific, to me it was not difficult.   Answer Question