GE Global Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 28, 2017

3.2

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Niskayuna, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE Global Research (Niskayuna, NY).

Interview

Two phone screens followed by an onsite interview. My interview panel asked a good number of technical questions, some of which I couldn't answer. This is to be expected given the nature of the job I interviewed for. It was the most difficult of the interviews I had at the time. If it was too easy it probably would have turned me away.

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GE Global Research.

Interview

I applied for the position online but didn't hear anything for about two months. I then went through an initial phone screen with HR that was pretty basic. The next step was a technical phone/computer interview with the lab manager. I was warned before hand that this lab was very selective and had a very difficult technical screen, it did not disappoint.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to come up with a solution for a difficult programming problem. This was not your typical interview/programming problem that has a definitive solution, it was a somewhat realistic problem that did not have a single correct answer.   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE Global Research (Albany, NY).

Interview

2 technical interviews; not very difficult
    1 HR interview; mostly concerned about integrity
    1 manager interview; mostly concerned work-outlook and long-term interest
    1 senior manager intervie; mostly concerned work-outlook and long-term interest
    Travel/accommodation during interview sponsored by GE

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not in a position to negotiate.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Niskayuna, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE Global Research (Niskayuna, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview centers around my own research and course experiences. I am asked about my previous research projects. Since the position is about machine learning, I am also asked about my experiences with machine learning and computational inference.

Interview Questions

• What have you learned about detection and estimation, machine learning, etc.?   1 Answer

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schenectady, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GE Global Research (Schenectady, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by the HR over the phone to set up a time for phone interview. The phone interview was easy and conducted by two employees. One being my supervisor and other from HR. The phone interview took about 30 mins. After the phone interview, I was called for an on-site interview. All the travel and hotel instructions were emailed to me. There were 4 interviews conducted on this day. Two interviews by Manager and two by the Head of Department.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to my past experience, projects, rewards and other leadership experiences.   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Interview

first round phone interview, and then one full day onsite interview, which typically includes an one-hour job talk about your previous research experience, then followed by several one-on-one interview with the team members.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE Global Research in May 2015.

Interview

I got an interview call when I applied online. After getting an interview call I was interviewed by 3 people via a conference call. The Interview went great but I did not hear back from them for like 2-3 months. Finally, after summer got over I assumed that I got a reject from GE Global research.

Research Engineer Interview

Interview

Very smooth and light. Not all managers are technically proficient at Bangalore location. 3 interview steps: 1. manager, 2. 4 team members. 3. HR
    Manager asked about past research/work background. team members were very friendly. usual HR questions.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niskayuna, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE Global Research (Niskayuna, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

I am an international student. I was contacted by an HR person. He only asked me two questions: 1) Do you need sponsorship? 2) Are you from one of the following countries: Cuba, North Korea, Libya, Iran and a bunch of others. My answer to both questions was yes. He then said it is GE policy not to sponsor applicants from those countries and hence he cannot further process my application.

Interview Questions

• Do you need sponsorship? Are you from one of the following countries? Cuba, North Korea, Libya, Iran and a bunch of others.   1 Answer

Materials Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GE Global Research (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I worked at GE global research as a summer intern. The manager is satisfied with my work, and would like to hire me. She step down after the intern, but told me she will try very hard to help with my job application. Unfortunately, the new manager had different opinions. I applied online, internal reference, went there for on site interview. It took a day, people are very technical there. You will make a technical presentation, and talk to manager, group members and finally HR. Few behavior questions. They canceled the opening after long time waiting.