GE Healthcare Interview Questions in Barrington, IL | Glassdoor

GE Healthcare Interview Questions in Barrington, IL

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barrington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE Healthcare (Barrington, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Overall the process was good, except for some miscommunication between HR and Hiring manager as to salary and responsibility of position. I posted online for the position, then did a HR screen where I clearly stated salary expectations (GE would not give range for position), then did a hiring manager phone screen, and then was brought to an on-site interview at Barrington, Illinois office. All was going well, and interviews were general background and skill set talks and to see if person would fit in with department. I was then called to do a final interview with GM of unit when she was in town (usually she was in Milwaukee). Had a great interview with her, talked expectation of role, how Finance fits into GE and how this role fit into GE Healthcare strategy and desire to grow business through better analytics and pricing. She indicated that an offer would be forthcoming. Later on after I heard nothing I contacted HR and they said division was looking at how they wanted to move forward. A week later a rejection e-mail (very nice e-mail, but still a rejection). Two weeks later I saw position posted again as a Senior Analyst level with job responsibilities that I had discussed. Guess they did not want to pay a manager level salary. I did notice that the GM has now moved on to a different company in California.

Interview Questions

• How do you see Finance as a strategic business partner?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barrington, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE Healthcare (Barrington, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Just two weeks all process over and I got offer. First step phone call and interview schedule second step face to face interview in Barrington il ... Four fours four rounds

Interview Questions

• four rounds all rounds are mostly technical   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be prepare in technical and scenario basis .. Sure you will get offer soon... Very fast process recruiting

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barrington, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GE Healthcare (Barrington, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by an recruiter, and had an onsite scheduled in few weeks. After the initial onsite, i was being interviewed for some support role, so i made clear i am not interested in this role.
    The last round during the first onsite was with an software Lead Architect.

Was told will be updated with 2-3 business days, but the feedback was given after couple of weeks.
    They updated me that they like me and would like to have one more onsite interview with an software engineering team.

Interview Questions

• 1. Design Singleton Pattern.
      2. Difference between StringBuffer and StringBuilder
      3. Design Reservation system.
      4. Design the projects you worked on   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barrington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE Healthcare (Barrington, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

apply through the company website, then got an email from HR to have a screening. After another week, I got a phone call from hiring manager. During the phone conversation, everything looked fine, and the HM told me that he was interested in me, but never got feedback from them.

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barrington, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Healthcare (Barrington, IL).

Interview

First, you'll go through the phone interview. If you do well, then you will be invited for an "in person" interview. You will go from room to room with about 3 sets of different level managers and team leaders. Questions are going to vary anywhere from previous work experience to technical questions.

Interview Questions

• "What is the most important thing you would like us to remember about you?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Barrington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE Healthcare (Barrington, IL).

Interview

Two phone interviews and one on-site interview.

The phone interviews consist of your background and skill set, as well as theory questions on how you would approach and solve basic coding or system challenges. They also ask you behavioral questions situations you've experienced and how you handled them.

The on-site interview is essentially the two phone interviews merged together. They may throw a white-board coding challenge your way but not always.

Interview Questions

• If you tell the interviewer your weakness (i.e. databases) they almost always ask you about them in detail. It's a GE ego thing. It's hard to say what questions you'll be asked during an interview because the interviewer training isn't well put together.   1 Answer

Negotiation

A verbal offer on the phone, make sure you negotiate this, otherwise they expect you are satisfied. You can still negotiate once you receive the email offer, but its best to just do it on the phone. You can almost always get a bit more than the original offer.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barrington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE Healthcare (Barrington, IL) in April 2010.

Interview

applied online for the role. was contacted by hr to schedule a day of interviews at the barrington, il facility. interviews were scheduled from noon to 5 p.m. i met with everyone from an intern to the person currently in the role, to several managers and the senior most person in the group. each person was different. everyone was friendly and the interviews were well until meeting with the most senior level individual. all i can say was he was berating, disrespectful, unprofessional and just plain ridiculous. just think horrible bosses or the devil wears prada times 10. had i had the courage i would've gotten up and left. but i didn't. i cant say it was a bad company, bad team, but it was surely very bad senior management and unless you live in the northwest suburbs its a horrible location

Interview Questions

• tell about yourself
      where do you see yourself in 5/ 10 years
      why do you want to leave your current role   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Barrington, IL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GE Healthcare (Barrington, IL) in November 2008.

Interview

2 panel groups, one consisting of leadership evaluation and another consisting of technical evaluation. Each panel questioned for about 1 hour different questions on past experiences and hypothetical technical situations. The leadership evaluation asked questions specifically targeted towards GE's famous 'growth values'.

External Focus: “Defines success through the customer's eyes. In tune with industry dynamic. Sees around corners.” FA translation: Know how your clients truly define a successful financial advisor relationship. “Seeing around corners” requires that you interpret industry events in a way that will help you predict future developments.

Clear Thinking: “Seeks simple solutions to complex problems. Is decisive and focused. Communicates clear and consistent priorities.” FA translation: Understand your affluent client's concerns and problems and provide clear, easy-to-understand solutions. All of your marketing efforts should focus on acquiring the ideal client. Make sure your clients know they are your “number one.”

Imagination: “Generates new and creative ideas. Is resourceful and open to change. Takes risks on both people and ideas. Displays courage and tenacity.” FA translation: You need to think of new ways to create tangible value for clients. That may mean developing a new service model. Look at what your competitors are doing and take it one step further. Look for solutions that are outside your comfort zone.

Inclusiveness: “Is a team player. Respects others' ideas and contributions. Creates excitement, drives engagement, builds loyalty and commitment.” FA translation: Treat everyone you work with as a knowledge worker. Use their expertise. For example, even if you share an assistant with another advisor, you must consider this person a part of your team. Their ideas and contributions should be encouraged and ultimately required. Communication with support personnel and junior advisors must be clear and ongoing. Delegate responsibilities, not just tasks, and take the time to teach subordinates new things and build their expertise whenever possible.

Expertise: “Has in-depth domain knowledge and credibility built on experience. Continuously develops self. Loves learning.” FA translation: Developing a deeper understanding of demographics, industry changes, political developments, consumer trends, and current affluent needs and wants will give you greater credibility with your clients and subordinates. Cultivating greater knowledge of yourself and engaging in physical exercise are also crucial to your ability to overcome future challenges. Commit to lifelong learning.

Interview Questions

• You have one gold bar that you need to pay a carpenter for an upcoming job. He will work seven days for you, and you must pay him one seventh (1/7) of your gold bar at the end of each day. What is the fewest number of cuts you can make to achieve this?   2 Answers

Negotiation

NON-NEGOTIABLE AT ALL