GE Healthcare Field Service Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GE Healthcare Field Service Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 1, 2017

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE Healthcare (Fargo, ND) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with HR. She was very friendly and started the interview by asking if there were any "must haves" for me to consider the position. The position was advertised as entry level - no experience, but upon talking to the interviewer I found out that all of the other candidates had at least 3 years experience repairing medical equipment. The interview was ended at that point.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any "must haves" to accept the position? (salary, starting allocation of vacation time, etc)   1 Answer
  • What are you looking for in this position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GE Healthcare

Field Service Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Healthcare in May 2017.

Interview

Online interview, panel of four people interview inside a conference room for 40 minutes. I was given a skills test on circuits, I was asked various questions from the four people. One person was HR and rest were from service, then another interview with 2 other people.

Interview Questions

• What was an intermittent problem and how did you handle the solution?

What's you favorite boss attributes, what's the worst.
      How do you handle pissed customers   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Healthcare (Edison, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

Consisted of two separate interviews. The first interview was with a regional director and a shift supervisor. The second round was with two field engineers. The interviews were low key and relatively informal.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE Healthcare (Miami, FL).

Interview

-applied for the job
    -got call from recruiter spoke for about 30 mins
    -got call from hiring manager spoke about 1 hour
    -met hiring manager and senior FE for face to face interview spoke about 2 hrs
    -spoke with hiring manager about 30 mins
    - spoke with hiring mangers boss about 10 mins
    -hiring manager made offer
    -made a counter, hiring manager accepts

Interview Questions

• standard behavorial interview questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE Healthcare (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

So far I have only had the initial phone screen with a talent recruiter. I had applied for the Field Service position online and the talent recruiter contacted me via email saying he'd like to talk on the phone. He also included a questionnaire to fill out. Once I sent it back and told him when I was free I got a call shortly after and I've stayed in contact since.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you were challenged in customer service.   Answer Question

Field Service Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE Healthcare in September 2016.

Interview

Very basic interview with a lead recruiter who had questions to ask from the hiring manager. Some qualifications questions about customer service experience, and behavioral questions, tell me about a time when, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you experienced conflict with a customer and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Field Service Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at GE Healthcare in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of three phone interviews, a few email correspondences, and two face-to-face interviews. The interview questions were fairly simple, mostly just testing your background knowledge within the medical field and how you would handle certain situations with customers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GE Healthcare (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me the day before my interview to let me know there was an opening in the interview schedule and if I was interested; I said yes. The next day I went to their office in Long Island where I was interviewed by 3 people - all heads of the service department. Interview lasted about an hour. Asked me about my experience, if I have prior knowledge of circuits, why I want this job, etc.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what I liked in particular bout their imaging equipment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GE Healthcare (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

First interview was a one on one with the Director of Service, second interview was with a team modality leader and another Director of Service. The Modality team leader asked specific questions regarding engineer problems and how to troubleshoot certain problems, but is seemed they were more concerned with making sure you were professional and how they would handle yourself with clients.

Field Service Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Healthcare.

Interview

I applied online after a friend referred me to the company. I received a response about 2 weeks after applying for a HR phone interview. The HR representative asked a few behavioral questions and was very easy to talk to. Moved on to the in-person interviews the following week. Met with the regional service manager and a few experienced field service engineers. Mostly discussed why I wanted the job and why I would be a good fit for the position. A few days later I received a phone call from HR for more behavioral questions and to talk more about GE. One day later I was offered the position.

Overall, I am extremely happy with the process. All of the employees I talked with were very professional and easy going.

Interview Questions

• Almost all of the questions were in this format...

Tell me about a time when you were faced with ____ and how did you handle the situation?   1 Answer