GE Healthcare Interview Questions in Hillsboro, OR | Glassdoor

GE Healthcare Interview Questions in Hillsboro, OR

3.7

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE Healthcare (Hillsboro, OR) in May 2013.

Interview

2 Vendor + 1 Client interview.
    experience, general c++ and agile principles, difficult time, greatest challenge.

Though we know the good practices, usage and syntax of things, its better to read definitions and "we never use this or need to remember this rule in c++ and this thing in c++ is only for interview" kind of things just to be able to quickly tell without taking time to interviewer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

That was the first thing they asked. There was no problem with the rate. we are both were looking at same rate.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GE Healthcare (Hillsboro, OR) in August 2010.

Interview

Terrible experience. Hiring manager wasn't there, and the guy who showed up to interview me hadn't even read my resume and said as much. The second guy showed up 20mins late to the interview, asked a couple questions, bad-mouthed another company that works with GE, and then left. Even though I had made it clear that I was not a C++ programmer, they interviewed me for that role.

Complete disaster and a waste of everyone's time.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any C++ experience?   1 Answer

Database Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GE Healthcare (Hillsboro, OR) in November 2009.

Interview

I belong to a local Capital Career Center job search group. We have a mailing list to which people forward job postings. I came across a position for an Oracle Database Engineer position. I immediately sent across my resume and got in touch with the hiring manager via phone. I spoke to the hiring manager and informed him of my skills set as well as my desire to be part of his company.

Two days later, I got a phone call from a senior engineer from the company. He interviewed me for about 45 minutes by asking me mostly technical questions. I was able to answer only about half of them.

I then got another E-mail from the same person asking me if I could come down to his office for a panel interview. At the appointed time, I was ushered into a conference room with two senior engineers. They asked me questions that spanned application development and database administration. The technical questions were about ACID properties of an Oracle transaction, various developmental components of BULK INSERT functionality including SAVE EXCEPTIONS.

Interview Questions

• What are the ACID properties of an Oracle transaction?   1 Answer
    • Describe how you have used various procedures belonging to DBMS_SQL package.   1 Answer