GE Healthcare Interview Questions in Salt Lake City, UT | Glassdoor

GE Healthcare Interview Questions in Salt Lake City, UT

2.6

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE Healthcare (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2015.

Interview

First over-the-phone screening interview just looking to see why you applied to GE and if you had similar past experiences to what they are looking for. Second on-site simple behavioral interview asking about "give me an example of a time when..." type questions. Asked about Sales experience and being innovative.

Interview Questions

• Why GE?, What have you learned from previous or current jobs?   Answer Question

Test Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GE Healthcare (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2014.

Interview

Bring you in, ask some typical interview questions. They then have you interview with people on your team to see if you are a good fit. At one point, I was asked to deminstrate some basic skills with an oscilloscope and a circuit made by the hiring supervisor. It was pretty straight forward and fairly easy.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Healthcare (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

There isn't anything that really sticks out. it was pretty straight forward. I had three phone conversations with different managers, and the were great, they didn't ask trick questions or try to confuse me.

Then they flew me out to Salt Lake and I had four or five rapid fire interviews but there were no surprises, and they were focused on finding a good fit

Interview Questions

• They asked a few questions about marketing theory..."tell me the difference between upstream and downstream marketing"...pretty easy stuff.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiation, I needed a job badly, and they knew that. The offer they gave was reasonable.

National Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at GE Healthcare (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2012.

Interview

1 phone interviews. Each of which asked basic filtering questions.
    Live interview at headquarters with Global VP.
    Video conference interview a week later with local AUS management.

Interview Questions

• Do you believe your successes were inevitable based upon your predecessor's success?   Answer Question

Services IT Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GE Healthcare (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2012.

Interview

Started with an HR phone interview to discover how qualified I was and if I had the personality for the team/manager. Then about a week later a phone interview with the hiring manager to assess my technical and project management skills. Then I heard nothing for about 4 weeks. I received a call from HR setting up an on-site interview with the hiring manager, Services general manager and CIO.
    At that interview, the hiring manager a few questions mostly about my project management processes. The CIO was interested in my project priorities regarding quality and how I handled pressure to deliver on-time compared to product quality. The last interview was with the hiring manager's boss; the Services general manager. He rather poked fun at the CIO and his interest in quality and explained that on-time and on-budget delivery was his primary criteria and asked be to describe a situation where I had to choose between quality and schedule. He seemed satisfied with my answer for a week later I received a call from the hiring manager with the job offer and a week after that I received a offer letter.

Interview Questions

• When faced with reducing project scope and quality or delivering the application late, which do you choose and how do you defend it to the Executive Sponsor?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murray, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE Healthcare (Murray, UT) in December 2011.

Interview

Interview process consists of multiple steps: Phone Screening; 1:1; group panel; Interview with Multiple teams; HR interview; Coding on Board. Overall a good process. Great experience. Not much room for compensation negotiation.

Interview Questions

• Software Engineering, Programming Language, Data Bases   1 Answer

Senior Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murray, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE Healthcare (Murray, UT) in February 2011.

Interview

Very Smooth. The interview process went really well but interview was nothing out of ordinary. Very straight forward questions. 6 people 1:1. Was ssked about design and engineering. They had also me talk to the VP after the interview and verbal offer.

Interview Questions

• What is your management style?   1 Answer
    • How do you pitch resource ask to an exec.   1 Answer

The role was excellent with global team and project that was just launching. However GE is not a good paymaster. They upped their offer by 10k and I believe it was the upper limit of the role. However since I work for a big public software firm. It was not able to match the stock compensation part of my current structure. It was a good cuhnk of money to leave on the table given I had to relocate to Murray (not one of the great places specially from kids schooling prespective).

Software Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murray, UT

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE Healthcare (Murray, UT) in February 2011.

Interview

Got an interview through the GE recruiter; had phone screening interview with Hiring Manager and then on-site interview with 6 individuals(1:1) ranging from 30 mins to 1 hour. Most questions were situational. Interviewers were open minded and discussed existing challenges to the team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the salary. I believe, I did not have a great interview and may not have given ideal answers. Candidates who aces the interview would probably do better at the negotiation.