GE Healthcare Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GE Healthcare Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE Healthcare (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by HR via LinkedIn. Scheduled Interview in Boston withing a week. Onsite interview took 4 hours with 3 different teams. Everyone were very helpful. I think that I screwed on design questions.. Was thinking about data integration definition rather than actual system designing.. My bad..

Interview Questions

• Revert string using any language   1 Answer
  • How would you design Data Integration system?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for GE Healthcare

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GE Healthcare (New York, NY).

Interview

This was the first interview out of the usual three: professional, manage(s), HR.
    The interview started with a 1-hour test and then a follow up professional interview about your answers in the test. There were 2 interviewers.

Interview Questions

• What is Abstract Factory, when do we need it? Provide an example.   Answer Question
    • Implement a class of CurrencyConverter between Shekel, Euro and Dollar. How would you test it?   Answer Question
    • Implement a function that counts the number of words in a string, separated by space(s).   1 Answer
    • Implement a function that returns a union sorted list between two given sorted lists.   Answer Question
    • Implement a function that returns an intersection sorted list between two given sorted lists.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Healthcare (Milwaukee, WI) in December 2016.

Interview

Process is very slow, about 3 weeks after my application I had gotten a contact for scheduling a initial phone call interview and technical interview. After week from phone interview got a email about on-site interview which took 4-5 hours with 6 people in 4 sessions.

We talked about the project and the team, my skills and background, technical questions, and more.
    I did not get the job but it took them 2 months for a email for them to say you did not get the job which is ridiculous.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barrington, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GE Healthcare (Barrington, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by an recruiter, and had an onsite scheduled in few weeks. After the initial onsite, i was being interviewed for some support role, so i made clear i am not interested in this role.
    The last round during the first onsite was with an software Lead Architect.

Was told will be updated with 2-3 business days, but the feedback was given after couple of weeks.
    They updated me that they like me and would like to have one more onsite interview with an software engineering team.

Interview Questions

• 1. Design Singleton Pattern.
      2. Difference between StringBuffer and StringBuilder
      3. Design Reservation system.
      4. Design the projects you worked on
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Healthcare (Waukesha, WI) in September 2015.

Interview

Overall, it was a great experience. One of the smoothest and best interviews I have ever had in terms of experience.

I applied online, HR contacted me about my availability for a technical phone interview. The interview was for around 30 minutes with one of the senior software engineer in the team. Questions were about OO design patterns and linux commands, I answered almost all of this questions. At the end of the interview, he told that he was impressed and they will be bringing me for an onsite interview in Waukesha, Wisconsin.

The onsite interview was about 3 hours with a total of 3 rounds. First with the architect, he asked me about my projects, factory pattern, http vs rest, inversion of control, a small coding assessment about the output and errors in the program. Second round was with two senior software developers, the questions were mainly about Java spring beans, MVC, REST, this was more in depth, as I had to code everything on the black board explaining it to them. Also, they asked me to draw some UML diagrams for a simple design. Final round, was with engineering manager, he was very cool guy, asked me questions how I solve problems, difficult situation, how i handled disagreement with a colleague in the past, where I see my self in the next 10 years. At the end of the interview, we had discussion about my salary, talked a little bit about waukesha, green bay packers. He said he will talk to the other members and get back to me by next day or if possible same day.

I was on my way to the airport, I got a call from the manager offering me the job, we talked little bit about the details and I was impressed on how quick they were, I felt very comfortable with team and the manager, so I accepted the job offer on the phone itself.

Interview Questions

• Design patterns - Facade, Factory, Adapter, Bridge
      Linux command - Grep

Explain how Spring solves dependency injection and inversion of control?
      What is REST? difference between REST vs HTTP?
      Sample code related to Polymorphism and final keywords
      Spring MVC - code on white board for model, view, controller and spring beans
      UML Diagrams.
      All the situation related type questions mentioned in the description from engineering manager.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barrington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE Healthcare (Barrington, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

apply through the company website, then got an email from HR to have a screening. After another week, I got a phone call from hiring manager. During the phone conversation, everything looked fine, and the HM told me that he was interested in me, but never got feedback from them.

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at GE Healthcare (Waukesha, WI) in September 2013.

Interview

Initial phone interview with principal engineer to get idea of interest and experience (lasted about 30 minutes). Follow up on-site interview scheduled within 2 weeks of phone interview. 4 hour on-site interview done in multiple sessions with hiring manager, program manager, and other engineers from project. Interview consisted of behavioral questions as well as technical expertise with focus on though process. Offer came in within 1 week of on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Abstract logic problem that encouraged working out verbally the problem in front of 3 managers in order to understand my thought process and how I go about solving a problem. The actual question was about light bulbs and a pattern for turning them on and off which resulted in an answer revolving around factoring numbers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer up front was more than I asked for and included relocation bonus. After initial verbal acceptance, a formal written offer came in that increased the salary by another 7%.

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE Healthcare (Hillsboro, OR) in May 2013.

Interview

2 Vendor + 1 Client interview.
    experience, general c++ and agile principles, difficult time, greatest challenge.

Though we know the good practices, usage and syntax of things, its better to read definitions and "we never use this or need to remember this rule in c++ and this thing in c++ is only for interview" kind of things just to be able to quickly tell without taking time to interviewer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

That was the first thing they asked. There was no problem with the rate. we are both were looking at same rate.

Anonymous Employee in Barrington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE Healthcare (Barrington, IL).

Interview

Two phone interviews and one on-site interview.

The phone interviews consist of your background and skill set, as well as theory questions on how you would approach and solve basic coding or system challenges. They also ask you behavioral questions situations you've experienced and how you handled them.

The on-site interview is essentially the two phone interviews merged together. They may throw a white-board coding challenge your way but not always.

Interview Questions

• If you tell the interviewer your weakness (i.e. databases) they almost always ask you about them in detail. It's a GE ego thing. It's hard to say what questions you'll be asked during an interview because the interviewer training isn't well put together.   1 Answer

Negotiation

A verbal offer on the phone, make sure you negotiate this, otherwise they expect you are satisfied. You can still negotiate once you receive the email offer, but its best to just do it on the phone. You can almost always get a bit more than the original offer.

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GE Healthcare (Stanford, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Met at Stanford career fair. They collected resumes for a screening process with a single, non-technical interview. They asked me about a leadership experience, a little about myself, and a project that I had worked on. The interviewer told me a bit about the work the teams do at GE, which included their software engineering development process and how the teams use the Agile method

Interview Questions

• They asked me where my preferred location would be out of Plano TX, Seattle WA, or Barrington IL. Didn't expect that.   1 Answer