GE Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

2.7

33 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a live video camera interview, and the software was easy to operate. Was allow to test out the software before the actual interview. The interviews were setup back to back. There were two one to one interviews in a row.

OMLP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE (Houston, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

On campus recruiting. First round was with an alum, 2nd round was flown to Houston for a 3 min presentation about your work experience, 2 behavioral and a case, third round was a conversation with the program manager. The case was basically impossible and everyone does poorly on it so just make sure you say things like "this is what I think does everyone agree" and make sure you're vocal.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume
      How do you influence people if you're not the leader of the group
      How do you work in teams
      How do you handle conflicts or disputes
      How do you handle stress/ a lot of things at one time
      Why GE, Why the program,
      TWO strengths and TWO weaknesses
      Technical question: Just means a brainteaser. Mine was you have a three gallon bucket and a five gallon bucket, without measuring how do you make 4 gallons
      The case was basically impossible and everyone does poorly on it so just   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

They just went through my resume and asked me some behavioral questions. One of the questions asked was to describe a time when I worked in a group and I had a difficult group member. Another question was how I grew over my time in college and one important lesson I have learned so far.

Lead Customer Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

45 minute phone conference scheduled for a full day then no news for over a month.
    When the recruiter contacted me for a second round of interviews, it was like started from the beginning. There is no continuity in the recruiting process. Multiple individuals were part of the interviews and it was unclear what is their role.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in you career when you faced a great challenge and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

FMP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at GE (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Consisted of 3 interviews. One over the phone with HR, two face to face interviews with upper management. All interview were conducted in GE offices in Houston TX. They lasted 10 to 30 minutes, interviewers seemed pretty disinterested.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you developed a process that saved GE time or money.   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE (Houston, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

Received a call from their recruiter who felt I was a perfect match for the position. Was scheduled to interview a couple of days later. Originally slated to interview with three people, HR, Director, and CIO. Only interviewed with first two. The latter was on the phone.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a situation where you were face with a task that seemed impossible to accomplish.   1 Answer

EEDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GE (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

So far just a behavioral interview with an alumni from my school. The interview was very relaxed (business casual) and I was told i would hear back in 6 weeks or 2 months, which seems a very long time. If they like you they will interview you on site and have you do a presentation about one of your projects.

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Firs contact by phone to confirm intention an authorization to work in us, followed by an email with links to company non-disclosure agreement and questionnaires about background. Interview schedule at the work location. Interviewed by two engineers with question about my background and one logical question ( how would you find a needle in a hay? - as many answers as I could find) . Long interview with engineering manager asking for each detail of my cv.

Interview Questions

• Describe some work that was in my cv and some technical questions (simple ones) to confirm knowledge I was saying I had.   Answer Question

Staff Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

The process was fairly lengthy. A lot of red tape and it took almost 2 and a half months to get a formal offer. I had a phone interview then I was asked for an in-person interview about 2 weeks later. I interviewed with 4 people while in the office and had another phone interview that afternoon. The process went smoothly and everyone was very helpful when explaining the process and walking you through it.

Interview Questions

• If you are faced with a problem and aren't sure how to solve it, what would you do and how would you go about solving it?   Answer Question

OMLP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GE (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Very easy going interview, very relaxed. It was all behavioral based. The interviewers were great and they did not ask technical questions like I thought they would. I already had previous work experience and they usually hire people straight out of college, but they were completely open and really liked that I had previous experience so do not be deterred if you are already working and would like to try to be in the program

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you were faced with a tough decision and had to make a tough choice   Answer Question