GE IT Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GE IT Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2017

2.9

IT Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Couple month process. Very professional. Did counter offer. We're open to negotiating pto. I had 8 different interviews over a 2 month time period. Once you're in there's a learning curve to get the culture down

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you handled a difficult user during a time of a lot of change   Answer Question

Negotiation

Do negotiate

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trevose, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Trevose, PA).

Interview

Submitted resume on-line. Within a few days was contacted by the hiring manager for a brief telephone screening interview. This was followed up with a face-to-face interview, where I met with the hiring manager and HR manager. I then participated in 2 additional phone interviews with people who would be peers. The interview process was cordial and professional, but everyone I met had meetings scheduled within 45 minutes of our meeting start time. In all cases they terminated the interview exactly at their planned meeting time, which left me feeling rushed to try to ask all of my questions. Only one interviewer offered to call me back immediately after his meeting to finish the interview.

Interview Questions

• Two different interviewers asked me the same question: Describe a time where you had to make an unpopular decision and stand by it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE (Wilmington, NC) in July 2014.

Interview

3 rounds of interview, 2 telephone and 1 video telepresence with 3 managers. The phone calls were informal chat while the video panel more asked about my failure and successes with projects.

Interview Questions

• Focused on the company growth values, and how you handled failure and grew from it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

Very simple and friendly environment. Three rounds of interview..1) Technical with the IT leaders 2) Senior IT leader 3) HR. Lot of stress was on how you would operate with global teams and manage the time differences while working with on-site/offshore teams.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GE (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Submit resume into system, screened by 3rd party agency, then HR review, Manager Interview, HR Interview, 2nd interviews if needed, etc. I also interviewed with a team member that I would be working with. The manager was not local, so I had to use a Telepresence system that uses a camera and a monitor to make it look like the other person is sitting across the table from you - this made the interview much easier as I was able to connect with the manager more easily.

Interview Questions

• Where do you hope to be in five years.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Limited ability to negotiate based on corporate policies.

Anonymous Employee in Canton, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GE (Canton, MI) in June 2012.

Interview

Interview was very interesting and lengthy process. They really know what they want and will only select resumes that match their requirement. There are various levels of interview based on the job you apply.

IT Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE in January 2011.

Interview

Phone Screen by HR, then a telephone screen by one of group leader, followed by a group Panel through teleconference, and follow up second telephone interview with hire manager and on site business leader

Interview Questions

• What is your role with previous employer? Describe in details   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GE (Albany, NY) in July 2009.

Interview

First a phone-interview, then a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager and HR, then a group interview with the team (of 4)...offer was made within 3 weeks, but I declined it (it was not as attractive as I would have liked)

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with people issues, given the limited authority you have over people as a PM?   1 Answer

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in May 2015.

Interview

1. First-round is a phone call interview, HR ask very basic question to test your English, and why GE.
    2. After the first-round is a super-day, morning is a group interview, after that, if you pass the group interview, you will have a one-and-one interview.
    And the second day, I got the job offer, it's very quickly

IT Project Manager Interview

Interview

2 rounds of techical interview followed by discussion with site leader or CIO and then with HR. Hiring and Interview Process is tough and very lengthy ........................................... ............. ............ ....................................................................................