GE IT Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GE IT Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 5, 2017

3.1

IT Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Couple month process. Very professional. Did counter offer. We're open to negotiating pto. I had 8 different interviews over a 2 month time period. Once you're in there's a learning curve to get the culture down

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you handled a difficult user during a time of a lot of change   Answer Question

Negotiation

Do negotiate

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trevose, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Trevose, PA).

Interview

Submitted resume on-line. Within a few days was contacted by the hiring manager for a brief telephone screening interview. This was followed up with a face-to-face interview, where I met with the hiring manager and HR manager. I then participated in 2 additional phone interviews with people who would be peers. The interview process was cordial and professional, but everyone I met had meetings scheduled within 45 minutes of our meeting start time. In all cases they terminated the interview exactly at their planned meeting time, which left me feeling rushed to try to ask all of my questions. Only one interviewer offered to call me back immediately after his meeting to finish the interview.

Interview Questions

• Two different interviewers asked me the same question: Describe a time where you had to make an unpopular decision and stand by it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GE (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Submit resume into system, screened by 3rd party agency, then HR review, Manager Interview, HR Interview, 2nd interviews if needed, etc. I also interviewed with a team member that I would be working with. The manager was not local, so I had to use a Telepresence system that uses a camera and a monitor to make it look like the other person is sitting across the table from you - this made the interview much easier as I was able to connect with the manager more easily.

Interview Questions

• Where do you hope to be in five years.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Limited ability to negotiate based on corporate policies.

Anonymous Employee in Canton, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GE (Canton, MI) in June 2012.

Interview

Interview was very interesting and lengthy process. They really know what they want and will only select resumes that match their requirement. There are various levels of interview based on the job you apply.

IT Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE in January 2011.

Interview

Phone Screen by HR, then a telephone screen by one of group leader, followed by a group Panel through teleconference, and follow up second telephone interview with hire manager and on site business leader

Interview Questions

• What is your role with previous employer? Describe in details   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GE (Albany, NY) in July 2009.

Interview

First a phone-interview, then a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager and HR, then a group interview with the team (of 4)...offer was made within 3 weeks, but I declined it (it was not as attractive as I would have liked)

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with people issues, given the limited authority you have over people as a PM?   1 Answer

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in May 2015.

Interview

1. First-round is a phone call interview, HR ask very basic question to test your English, and why GE.
    2. After the first-round is a super-day, morning is a group interview, after that, if you pass the group interview, you will have a one-and-one interview.
    And the second day, I got the job offer, it's very quickly

IT Project Manager Interview

Interview

2 rounds of techical interview followed by discussion with site leader or CIO and then with HR. Hiring and Interview Process is tough and very lengthy ........................................... ............. ............ ....................................................................................

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GE (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2013.

Interview

I had six interview rounds in total:
    1) Telephonic screening by immediate supervisor - lasted almost 30 min; was asked generic questions on my current profile, PM practices and reason for leaving current employer; a week later I was asked to come down to the Whitefield Bangalore office for F2F discussions
    2) F2F discussion with immediate supervisor - lasted another 30 min; was explained where would I fit into the larger organizational scheme of things etc.
    3) F2F discussion with VP-HR - lasted 30 min; asked me generic HR stuff like strengths, weaknesses and reason for frequent job changes etc.
    4) F2F interview with reporting manager - lasted 30 min; asked me tricky stuff based on my current profile, was trying to ascertain my problem solving skills along with my PM process knowledge
    5) F2F interview with another peer operations PM - lasted 15 min; this guy was almost the same age as me and this turned out to be more of a freewheeling discussion rather than an interview; we even found out that we have some common friends between us!
    6) F2F interview with location leader - lasted 15 min; was a very senior guy but couldn't grill me enough due to lack of time! :P

Interview Questions

• As a Business Intelligence(BI) leader, how can you stop fraudulent revenue reporting?   1 Answer

Negotiation

A week after the F2F interviews they got back to me for offer discussions. Overall, from the first call to the offer letter, it took two and a half weeks. I was offered exactly what I had asked for without any negotiations at all. Probably because it was near the lower end of their hiring budget but it did offer me an almost 50% raise nevertheless!(I was grossly underpaid at my previous job).

IT Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GE in August 2010.

Interview

First two Interviews were conducted over the phone. Very nice and friendly atmosphere. Than I was invited for an onsite interview. People were very friendly and cooperative, it was mostly mutual discussion and they were looking for what I think about the job and what will bring to the company. That makes sense they would invest in a new employee they wanted to get a return on their investment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

quite long.