GE Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GE Intern Interview Questions

Updated Feb 9, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Telephone interview - it lasted about 15 minutes
and personal interview - they were curious about my former work experiences motivations and preferences. After that I got an offer via email and telephone.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Interviewed with current engineer at GE with over a decade of experience at GE, friendly conversation but many behavior questions that can get ridiculous. Need to talk about many experiences and how you would fit into GE!

Interview Questions

• Many behavior questions:
      time you took a risk and result
      how did you contribute to a project
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Gave recruiter my resume at Career Fair, then got a call later about setting up an interview. It went fine for my first interview and acted also as a practice for my future interviews because I did not want the internship anyway.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GE in October 2016.

Interview

I met them at a career fair and they called me for an on campus interview. The interview itself was a typical behavioral interview. They didn't ask anything really technical besides asking me to elaborate further on things I had on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to go against the majority of the team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GE (Richmond, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a behavioral interview. Two interviewers.
    Most of the questions toward you will be personality quiz, then interviewer will ask questions base on your resume. In example, what do you know about..., how did you ..., tell me about your ..., etc.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE in September 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview that lasted for about 30 mins. The HR was really nice and she explained the job profile and duties well in detail. Most of the interview questions were behavioral questions. Like example of team work and time when you were criticized for your work ? Many questions were also related to my previous internships and group projects.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at GE (Rochester, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Talked to GE at a career fair, got scheduled for an interview for the next day for their Digital Technology Leadership Program Intern. Heard back from them about a week later that I didn't get accepted. If I had gotten an offer, there would have been a urinalysis drug test.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot of questions about character/morals. The style of the questions were: "Tell me about a time when..." and then something like "...you had to take a risk and it didn't pay off" or "...you put your team ahead of yourself".   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GE (Cleveland, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

quick, to the point and didn't have to wait long to hear a response. GE was very good about communicating the next steps in the process and clear on what they were looking for. Job description matched the actual position. Was given a lot of responsibility for an intern.

Intern Interview

Interview

I had an Initial phone screening interview and then additional interviews over the phone, followed by an on-site interview. All the interviewers asked primarily behavioral questions. I found out I had gotten the offer shortly after the final round interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to make a difficult decision.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter through my university's career fair, then had an interview with them the day after. Interview was pretty casual and laid-back; the questions were exclusively behavioral, almost all of them starting with a "Tell me about a time where..." prompt.

The interviewer was quite laid-back, although he didn't work in the same field that I was applying for, so he couldn't really tell me that much about what I would be doing as an intern.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult team member.   Answer Question