GE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GE Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2017

JOLP Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

I received 2 phone screenings. They were both done by current or past JOLP participants. The screenings focused on my career history and my interest in the program.

Interview Questions

• How have you overcome a problem at work in order to achieve the end goal   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

A lot of behavioral questions were asked. Nothing technical, but it was only for an internship and I was pretty young. It was basically just the interviewer trying to see if you would fit into their culture. They like people who show leadership potential. They also a silly "logic" question to see what my way of thinking was.

Planner/Buyer, GE Oil & Gas Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minden, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Minden, NV) in March 2017.

Interview

Well organized with excellent communication through their recruiting team. Began interview promptly and ended in approximately 45 minutes. Asked relevant questions regarding production priorities, conflict resolution and computer skill set.

Interview Questions

• How have you a handled a conflict involving disagreement on a point with your supervisor in the past.   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Interview

Had one 30 minute interview. Not technical, all behavior questions. Made up a hypothetical situation to test your ethical background. Need to answer the situation with common sense. On top of the situation, there were plenty of normal questions to gather the background. GE takes the road of non technical interviews and believes that they can teach the material.

Interview Questions

• An example of the hypothetical situation: your friend is doing bad work and has to lie about his results. You find out, what do you do?   3 Answers

Entry Level Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GE in February 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview with hiring manager. Asked about previous experience. Asked about the residency status whether citizen or require sponsorship. It was not technical interview just a background questions. I was asked for in person technical interview. so waiting for the email.

Interview Questions

• what was your last project? How did you do it..explain   Answer Question

FMP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE (Bloomington, IN) in February 2017.

Interview

I was a late addition to the interview schedule because I networked with an alumni at my school who reached out to the individual at GE who was scheduling the interviews. The guy I interviewed with who oversaw the FMP program wrote me off from the beginning because I wasn't originally selected.

Interview Questions

• What is something you are passionate about?   1 Answer

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GE (Buffalo, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I had applied online on their website for the position of Quality Engineer and was scheduled an Phone interview the next week. The HR spoke with me but I was not considered further after the call.

Interview Questions

• What Process Improvement tools have you used in shop floor...?   1 Answer

Digital Technology Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE (Reno, NV) in February 2017.

Interview

I went to a career fair at my local university and they were conducting onsite interviews with employees the next day. At the time, it was not clear which internship they were looking to hire interns for. They asked primarily behavioral questions followed by three technical concepts. I got a phone call two months after my pre-screen interview where they asked me to describe myself and other general behavioral questions. They asked if I knew about the DTLP program and explained it, and then went to talk about an internship that's similar to the DTLP except instead of two years it's for at least 10 weeks. They asked me if I was interested and then offered me the job on the phone since they only had one person and I was very interested. I did not have to go through another round of technical questions.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

applied online, they were doing on-campus interviewing. Got an interview the following week, after that I got a final round interview at GE Greenville which consisted of 4 30-45 min interviews. 3 high level engineering professionals and the last was HR

Financial Reporting Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE (New York, NY).

Interview

We start with a screening phone call, then I met the Finance Manager, and I received a call again from the CFO, then we had a full day assessment with two panels meeting 4 interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Why should I choose you for this position   1 Answer