GE Engineering Co-Op Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GE Engineering Co-Op Interview Questions

Updated Mar 2, 2017

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

It was a short thirty minute interview on my campus days after the career fair. The interviewer asked mostly behavioral questions that could be answered using the STAR format. There were no technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went beyond the call of duty. What were the end results?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Co-Op Engineer Interview

Interview

Very basic behavioral interview. Tell me about yourself. Tell me about a time you had to show your leadership skills. Tell me about a time when you faced a challenge. No case studies. One round interview. Decent turnaround time (~ 2 weeks)

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GE (Dayton, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

Meet with company at school career fair, give them your resume, ask a few questions. Then they tell you to go online and apply on their website, if they like you they'll call you and set up an in person interview a few days later at school. The interview is a 2 on 1, just asking questions about your resume and previous experience. If they're interested after that, you'll get a call a few days later giving you an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe your roles in previous engineering-related projects.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE (Cincinnati, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview process was consisted of conventional behavioral based interview questions.

I was asked about my previous internship experience, and how I overcame certain obstacles and challenges.

It took the hiring manager a couple of months to get back to me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed and what you did to redeem yourself.   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

The interviewer asked me questions and then I asked a few of my own. Interview lasted about 45 minutes. The interviewer was an electrical engineer at GE Appliances. Overall a very positive experience.

Anonymous Employee in Lowell, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE (Lowell, MA) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied through college career fair. Did a one-on-one chat with the representative which lead to an invitation to a formal interview the following day. Dressed appropriately and went through the normal protocol. When it was my turn to get in, I sat one-on-one with the interview. The interview lasted for about 30 minutes. Questions mostly behavioral question which was contrary to what I prepared for. However since I'm very adaptive, I was able to flow with the unexpected change.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you got into a problem with a co-worker.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation required

Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at GE (Blacksburg, VA) in September 2012.

Interview

I met with GE at the school career fair and was told to expect a phone call to set up an interview. I interviewed with them later that week -- was not too bad, just your basic behavioral based questions -- nothing too tricky. Pretty relaxed environment as well - my interviewer was really nice (met her during a social the night before with all the interviewees) only downside would be all the paperwork which comes with a big company

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you have been in a group and you have not led.   Answer Question

Negotiation

didnt negotiate -- good experience as a sophmore