GE Intern - Hourly Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GE Intern - Hourly Interview Questions

Interviews at GE

2.4

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Note I am an Electrical Engineer, Campus Career fair led to a next day interview led to same day offer, standard behavioral questions, situation where x occurred and how did you handle it. Recommend to have resume with bold section headings and gpa, seemed like experience preference hierarchy went (previous internship, leadership, scholarships/awards, technical) every engineering student has the same technical experience per major unless you learned coding or something outside which I didn't. I founded a club sport and that gave me a significant lead in terms of leadership.

Interview Questions

• Zero technical questions, be prepared to describe leadership, poor partners etc..   1 Answer

Negotiation

Received email of offer, told to pick up information at on campus location, Junior-> Senior year interns receive most money (22.50 per hr), others decline by about a dollar a year

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Anonymous Employee in Sterling Heights, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Sterling Heights, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

The questions asked were all behavioral. Not difficult. They asked you to describe different situations to see if you would be able to work in their environment. Examples of questions: Tell me a risk you took? Tell me a time where you had to work with someone difficult and how you dealt with the situation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you had to work with someone difficult and how you dealt with the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lewisburg, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE (Lewisburg, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was great. GE is a company that heavily recruits on my campus. I applied through our schools job posting center and was accepted to interview. From there I had one face to face interview, and one phone interview with a different guy. No technical questions, all behavioral.

Interview Questions

• If you were a sandwich, what sandwich would you be and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Schenectady, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Schenectady, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

The hiring process took about 4 hours total. Received a call about 3 days after applying then was asked to come in for an interview. Did three rounds with 2 interviewers each. Very relaxed. Bring a notebook!!!

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Norfolk, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

It was a campus review, pretty straight forward and all behavioral. Don't come in with canned answers because I think they can smell that a mile away. Also try to steer answers towards you being a leader, adapting to change, and your projects.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest strenght? Tell me a time you had to work with an uncooperative employee.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GE (Worcester, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

I got invited to an on-campus interview. The interview took about 40 minutes. I was asked to tell him about myself, then we went straight into the pre-selected questions he had prepared. The interviewer was very nice and kept the atmosphere relaxing.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a risk you took that didn't turn out as you expected.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a difficult decision you've had to make.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Interview

15 minute phone interview. All behavioral questions. Received offer a few days later by email. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Anonymous Employee in Clemson, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Clemson, SC) in November 2012.

Interview

This interview was very laid back and unlike any other interview that I've had. The interview was at a local restaurant with the interviewer as well as two other perspective interns. The interviewer asked a lot of general questions such as what do you hope to get out of this experience. He also asked very general questions about ourselves such as hobbies.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Interview

Had one 30 minute interview. Not technical, all behavior questions. Made up a hypothetical situation to test your ethical background. Need to answer the situation with common sense. On top of the situation, there were plenty of normal questions to gather the background. GE takes the road of non technical interviews and believes that they can teach the material.

Interview Questions

• An example of the hypothetical situation: your friend is doing bad work and has to lie about his results. You find out, what do you do?   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GE (Erie, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

One phone interview, general behavioral questions. The interviewer was very nice, he told me how many other students are applying for the position and said he would contact me if I were to move on or not.